Guild Wars

SuperSniper

Guild Wars is a new MMORPG which was brought out on 28th April 2005. I am extremly interested in buying this game! If any of you out there have it, please tell me what you think!

For the people that don't have it, click here for the website:

I would like MMORPG fans only to reply to this topic. None fans will just cause flamming. :D

Regards,

Dan

P.S... MMORPG = Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

I had a trial of it - well, a invitation for one of the beta weekends before it was released and I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&...ars&page=search

£17.99 and no monthly charges - you can't go wrong can you? :D

It was end of march I think I tried it - so the details are hazy.

It reminds me of a NWN-style to it with a nice online element on top and lush graphics.

You didn't mention what games you like/dislike so its hard to say what game a person will like without knowing any games you like.

As I said, I'd say go for it as there's no online charge, you cant go wrong really lol

Regards,

N.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I played this for a couple months but everytime they would update the game would become unplayable even though my system far exceeded their recommended.

Everytime I opened a specific bag my screen would lock up for 0.5seconds to 20 seconds. Also everytime I completed a bonus mission and got the mission complete screen I'd lock up (could still hear sound but no graphics). I submitted a help request on 10-30-06 and worked with their techs for a week or two. Then out of the blue I stopped getting replies.

I kept trying different settings and updated them every 2-3 days with stuff I had done but still never got a reply. Then one day when I would open my character stat screen I started locking up again and would chatter until I closed the window. I submitted a new help request and they closed it out within 20 minutes saying I still have another one open. I added to that and still no reply.

Then out of the blue the very last week of Jan I get an email from them saying they fixed the problem and I can play again. 2 almost 3 months with no reply and then suddenly they fixed it.

During all my communication with their tech support they kept insisting it was a fault in my computer. But we were never able to prove that. I also pointed out the fact that on my community sites there were multiple people posting that they had the same exact problems I was on different systems.

I heard [today] they are bringing out a new version - but its not a expansion pack apparently.

Hope its still free to play :)

...I still havent got around to getting the first one - would have done today but they didnt have any of them :(

Will have to get it online or just wait for the new one :)

Cheers

Nath.

It is an expansion pack, but it adds onto the game by adding another campaign. You don't need the original Guild Wars to play Factions either.

Guild Wars: Factions. There will be a preview at the end of march. The end of this month you can preorder the expansion.

Edited by Tarun

I thought as much.

These game retail stores eh? the people on the other side of them really havent a clue what they are talking about some times lol ;)

Thanks for the reply tho :)

I'd imagine they'll create a bundle for it, for those [like me] that havent got the actual game yet :D

Nath.