Petition regarding Messenger Plus!

Doggie

So, as post people know i have a strong feeling over the whole adware issue to do with Messenger Plus installer for sometime and with the whole download.com situation, its flared the issue up again. So i feel i need to voice my opinion to get everything straight and probably making a dick out of myself :P.

First off, i think Messenger Plus is clearly the best add-on going around for Msn/Windows Messenger. Nothing comes close, though when hearing about Messenger Discovery, i thought we had competition, but its fell away in recent months. So Patchou, i congratulate you on making the Messenging community happy with a great product!

What i dislike about your product Patchou was adding the adware with your installer. Now yes, its an optional install but, one of the issues surrounding that is by not installing the adware, the option is something like this I refuse to give my support, do not install sponsor. Now for one, so me using your great product and spreading it by word of mouth but not installing the adware, i am not supporting your great product? Ermm i don't think that is right.

My suggestion to you Patchou is to research other ways of generating revenue without being intrusive and well kinda misleading by having the "Get The Facts" page saying how it wasn't spyware/adware. Surely there is another way of raising the revenue you require. There ends my rant!

http://www.adriandoherty.info

Thats my opinion of the whole situation so i decided to make a petition, to see if we can make Patchou remove the 'optional' adware bundler in favour of a less intrusive way of generating revenue.

To sign, visit my site which is below my quoted statement and click in the navigation "Msgplus Petition" and voice your opinions.

Just a note to anyone who attempts to spam the petition etc will be IP banned, and i may contact your ISP Company.

Thank you to all the help :hello:

yeah he has chosen to allow the ads, which is nice to be honest, he gets to flood your screen with them and ms couldnt :P but dont worry glowy, head to mess.be for one of the many patchers that remove the ad and thank you for signing :)

spam the petition etc will be IP banned, and i may contact your ISP Company.

Thank you to all the help  :hello:

hahaha, Do you really think someone ISP will do anything to them?

You: Sir, this IP is like posting multiple times on my petition about a free program that gives you the option to not install spyware.

ISP: And you want us to do what?

You: Banner them. Take their access away for life.

ISP: err, OK.

On another note, Do you REALLY think a petition like this will matter? If you are so against it don't download his app or use it. As a matter of fact let me ask every who posted in this thread......Have you donated any type of money to Patchou? I seriously doubt anyone has.

Xperties, i merely said that to detire idiots spamming it ok? Only thing involved about this is just to remove adware or as he calls it 'adbar' which still sends personal surfing information. I'm sure other methods which arent a pest would be easier for everyone. 10 second advertising at the end of an installer is fine. If he lives of the revenue of it, then he needs to a get a real job. Cant be too bad off, going to japan, living in a nice new mansion. :rolleyes:

in light of a few people complaining i shouldnt just focus on just msgplus, i decided to make it an all-round adware/spyware petition. i'll also provide a page of the differences etc