All .ink and .exe files unable to open

chris1chan

Dear all,

I've got a very severe problem with my computer. I'm annoyed and Im not sure if its infected with any virus, as I have only installed some anti-spyware softwares but not any antivirus softwares.

post-51272-1115044529_thumb.jpg

Recently, all the .ink have lost their locations, I can't open any softwares except Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word.

Can anyone suggest me what to do? I'm very frustrated. Even when I type "msconfig" in Run, it appears the same thing.

Thanks.

Chris

I had a virus a while back which trashed all the .exes on my hardrive  install some AV

Yikes lol

Always, always install A/V software. AVG is a good choice (as mentioned above)

You may have to do a fair bit to repair the damage (unless you're gonna just start over).

Keep posting your progress back.

Regards,

Nath

Thanks loads for the replies. I've scanned my comp with Trend and two viruses are detected. Guess they're trojans.

post-51272-1115080091_thumb.jpg

Sorry if you can't read chinese, but it says that the two viruses CANNOT BE DELETED. What should I do now..to remove those trojans? Thanks very much.

Chris

I just lost the post I was writing....

try:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

and

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...tools.list.html

They may have chinese versions or language sites to help you remove the listed trojans.

If you can, try to protect the removal tool(s) by having them on a read-only media/device (to prevent the trojan/virus from tampering with them).

You may also need to go into Safe Mode first.

Good luck.

N.

thanks Nath for your prompt reply..

its VERY disastrous..you know when i click on the Stinger.exe file I downloaded from McAfee site..my comp doesn't allow it to run. When I double-clicked on all the .exe files, they became half-transparent...

thanks once again...but any other clues?

Have you tried simply running things through the command line? (if they are stupid kiddy script virus's you may be able to easily bypass them by using the command prompt)

If not, then all I can suggest is re-install windows (its ALWAYS a good time to re-install windows!), and then immediatly get AVG free.

Command line would be a good bet. Try running command.com if you can't get cmd.exe to work. Hopefully .com files won't be affected. If that doesn't work you can change the '.exe' to '.scr' in the program's name, so Windows will think it's a screen saver.

I have experienced this before. It was caused by a registry cleaner. It took out the associations for the open entries in one sweep. It kept backups, and I was able to restore them by clicking on the batch file, which the registry cleaner had in it's backup folder.

lol I did forget that .exe wudn't work.

I'd been flat out on msfn lol ;) made the brain a little tired lol

But plenty of suggestions here now on getting that to run.

Let us know what worked/works so others can know :)

Regards,

N.