Office 11 "beta Testers" - Post Your Comments Etc.

LS_Dragons

I was thinking that a new Main topic needed to post comments and/or problems encountered with Office 11. What have you come across you REALLY like! Hate! Bugs/fixes.

So far, best new feature I have come across is in Outlook. The new UNREAD MAIL filter and FOLLOW UP filter make it very easy to now keep track of new mail for those who like to sort mail on receipt into certain folders. The overall "visual" of Outlook is much improved IMO.

LS_Dragons

Well, I'm not an official beta tester so I was only able to fool around with it for a little while without being nagged to death with the WAP screen. But from what I saw I like the new skin throughout and I really did not notice a huge difference except in the look of Outlook. But after using Incredimail for about a week now, I see that the look has already been around and it appears that either somebody got an early glimpse and copied the new outlook before release or somebody from M$ noticed a good design and put it to use.

Warning for those who do not have a beta-testers licence. There are no cracks that really work and no resets that work every time. If you get a copy of Office 11 beta and then want to uninstall, it will totally screw you up when you put XP back on. For example, I never did get my Outlook XP to work again...I instead had to find another mail client or face reinstalling windows. Office leaves deep traces behind even after a complete uninstall!

Rick :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yes!  I just got a confirmation e-mail for my mailing address for Office 11, Beta 2...How long does it usually take to get to your house?

they said they can't give a date.. all they said is soon as possible.. it will be worth the wait :)