Copying a User Account

BigDaddy

Since there appears to be no way to 'copy' a user locally through Win XP, you can create the user account you want, set the password, and add to the administrators local group.

Then logon once as that user to create the profile. Logoff and logon as Administrator, open Explorer, copy the Administrator profile to your new user profile and you should be set.

Try this:

Firstly, creat the destination account A and temp account B, add both of them into local administrator group.

Secondly, log on as B, an RMB on My Computer - Properties - Advanced - User Profiles- Settings, then copy the administrator profile to aim account A.

I think this will fulfill your requirement :)

There is a tool from microsoft that may help here

Yes, this is also a good tool for profile transform. I got to use it in Feb.

It seems that what you should pay attention is that: While executing certain copying command, verify if the English word "Everyone" is work on your PC, since I detected that in certain system like Dutch, They hae their own expression on this.

I want to copy everything(files, settings,shortcuts,...) from an Administrator account to a new User Account, which will have Administrative priviligies!

A Microsoft Windows user profile describes the Windows configuration for a specific user, including the user's environment and preference settings. The user profile contains those settings and configuration options specific to the user, such as installed applications, desktop icons, and color options. This profile is built in part from System Policy information (for example, those things that a user has access to and those things that the user can and cannot change) and in part from permitted, saved changes that a user makes to customize the desktop.

The tool CopyProfile allows the administrators to copy profile of one user to another from a command line. As per KB article Q305709(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305709) Administrators can create default user profiles by copying profile. This tools removes the dependency on the Graphical interface and lets the administrator copy profile using scripts.

Using the copyprofile tool is relatively easy. The command line for the tool has a single format.

CopyProfile <sourceuser> <destination dir> <permitted to use>

<sourceuser> Source user denotes the user whose profile needs to be copied. This profile should not be already in use when copy operation is taking place.

<destination dir> Destination directory is the directory where the files/registry settings etc. will be copied.

Note: This directory will be deleted if it already exists.

<permitted to use> Permitted to use user is the user who will have access rights on this newly copied profile.

Samples:

CopyProfile administrator “C:\Documents and Settings\Default User” Everyone

Default Location of Copy Profile:

%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Microsoft CopyProfile

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.as...CopyProfile.msi