"Insert disc 1 into A" error ?

midiboy

Hi guys,

I hope you guys can help. I have made my own multibootDVD a long time ago, following the setup guide here.

Everything was fine so far.

Today I wanted to redo the DVD a little different from the guide above because I wanted to integrate Bashrat´s driverpack into one of the two Windows XP installations and the dual folder concept (Pro1 folder for XP bootfiles in root and \Setup\XP\Professional folder for the rest of the files) would make it necessary to manually alter Bashrat´s automatic driverpack installation.

So I decided to combine the two folders again, by copying the content of the PRO1 folder over the Setup\XP\Professional\i386 folder, then moving the content of the Setup\XP\Professional directory including the i386 folder to the root of the DVD and then reediting the setupldr.bin, txtsetup.sif and PRO1.DAT files to point to the new locations again:

setupldr.bin: I386 instead of PRO1 (4 instances)

txtsetup.sif: SetupSourcePath: "\" instead of "Setup\XP\Professional\i386"

PRO1.DAT: I386 instead of PRO1 (1 instance)

If I then start the DVD, the setup will start correctly, present the F6 dialog, then the F2 dialog but then setup stops and tells me to insert the floppy disc named "windows xp professional Service Pack 2-CD" into drive A and press enter.

Does anyone know where the problem might be ?

Thanks for your help,

Alex

Never mind,

I did the whole thing again and now it works. I have the feeling the error was because the WIN51IP*.* files were not in big letters .... could that be ?

Anyway, works now,

Thanks,

Alex

• 2 months later...

are you sure it wasn't this:

Editing "txtsetup.sif"

In your PRO1 folder find the file txtsetup.sif and open it in NotePad. Choose Edit -> Find (Ctrl+F) and search for SetupSourcePath. You will need to change the default "\" to reflect the directory you copied your XP Pro cd to. In this case it is "\SETUP\XP\Professional\"

SetupSourcePath = "\SETUP\XP\Professional\"

Taken from the flykites guide....

The reason i ask is cause... my files look like so: WIN51IP.SP1 win51ip.SP2.... and mine work just fine...

Edited by BrandonS_Mil