Unnattended CD - Copyright Issue

Hi, soon im planning to run my own business building PCs & from my experience of those ive built for people already is that alot of people dont know how to format & install XP when there PC gets full of junk & starts to play up. Which is where an unattended windows cd comes in, if i supplied them with the normal windows CD but also an unattended install cd that used the legit key & was customised for that customer would that be ok or breaking copyright laws? They would have the genuine cd so would the unattended cd be treated as a backup or is it a complete NO NO ?

i believe hes just gonna make windows itself unattended

so that he doesnt have to worry about calls about how to reinstall it,

he made it sound like he just wants them to pop a disc in reboot then walk away till its done.

It would be legal if they have a license.

You could even add the driverpacks and you could integrate current Servicepacks and hotfixes so that the end user would need less time to get the PC up and running.

Offcourse the CD will be outdated as soon as a new driver or patch is released but that's something you'll have to live with. (newer customers will have newer CD's if you keep them up to date for your self)

I'd make the CD so that the only thing they need to do is provide the user information (Name / Serial) and possibly the computername. It would save you the trouble of creating different CD's for every customer.

^^ I'd agree... just leave the serial, and name/organization empty in the winnt.sif... then that's all they have to input to install windows.

I don't think most people care about the computername, so if you just leave that value as * it will randomize the name.