How can I brand XP as genuine?

After an unattended install of Win XP it should be automaticly brand as genuine.

--> Microsoft Photostory need this before install.

Is this possible?

Greetings

Al

Genuine means that it is legal.

Microsoft checks your key if it is a legal, non-blacklisted one.

So when you have a legal copy of XP it shouldn't be a problem.

I have no idea if this will work its just a guess, this tweak is generally used for Windows Update to do a similar thing.

; Make The Windows XP Registration With Microsoft Unnecessary

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion]"RegDone"="1"

I think he means the "Windows Genuine Advantage" validation that you need to go through before you can download and install some Microsoft downloads.

I'm currently looking into that but am having some problems. As of yet, I do not know if it is possible to automatically have that done.

if your copy of windows is legit i dont see what the problem is... but you could always seach emule for PStory.msi. You don't need to validate to install photostory only to download it.

@godan: The problem is when you have to validate your Windows to download something.

It's the same thing as the Windows Update update in RyanVM's update pack. Save's you having to download one thing so you can download another, more important thing.

Basically, it comes down to saving time. It's easier to deploy the validation client to each computer than having to go to each computer and then go to Microsoft's website, download the validation client and run it. Expecially if you have to look after a lot of computers.

why not validate once, download all the programs that you need than add them to your unnattended cd and then never worry about validating again? if later on some more programs become available just repeat the process, validating does nothing else but give you access to certain file so there is no need to do it once you have said files.