cannot find xplode.xml file

fizban2

Hi all trying to install Xplode for the first time, I have an Xplode.xml file created but during the install the log is telling me that it cannot find the file

>>> Log session start at: 2005/04/28 10:05:56

XPlode4

Adding environment variables

#XPLODE# = 'D:\SingleImage\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install'

#SOURCEPATH# = 'D:\I386'

#SOURCEDRIVE# = 'D:'

#VERSION# = 'XPlode 4.00'

XMLParser::LoadFile(D:\SingleImage\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\XPlode.xml)

Error reading file: D:\SingleImage\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\XPlode.xml

>>> Log session end at: 2005/04/28 10:05:56

here is my cmdlines.txt

[COMANDS]
start /wait "%systemdrive%\install\Xplode.cmd
"%sysemdrive%"\install\Xplode.exe" /log: "#XPLODE#\Xplode.log"

Xplode.cmd file

start /wait Xplode.exe /log:"#XPLODE#\Xplode.log
start "%systemdrive%\install\xplode.exe" /log:#XPLODE#\Xplode.log

i have the xml file in the same directory as the explode.exe i have also tried using the /xml: switch and got the same error in the log, sorry for all the calls in the cmdlines and batch file, was messing with as meany calls at a time to just get it to work then sort out which one had worked

HI

I know some of these are stupid but its best to cover just in case.

OK first make sure you have the XPlode.xml in the same folder as the XPlode.exe if you not using the /XML tag.

Please make sure the XPlode.xml file is that and not XPlode.xml.txt or something.

Did you modify one of the templates?

Does it run in windows?

You could try and move it to a different location on the drive a try it.

Genzo,

thanks for the suggestions, yes they are all in the same directory, the xml file in indeed an xml file, will run under windows via the batch command that i have posted above, i think part of the issue is the path that it is trying to load once it is installing. D:\SingleImage\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\XPlode.xml is where the xml is located on my D: drive on my computer, not the vm i am testing it in, will try a few things to get it going again.

So does anyone know why the #Xplode# keeps mapping to the location that it is store on my machine, not the VM that i have it running in? is it something that i can change in the XML file (i doubt it but just asking) cause the D: path is where is resides on my machine, not the install directory that it should be going on the VM

HI

Are you making a CD Image and running XPlode from that or are you mapping a drive letter or directory in your VM.

I use XPlode in 2 VM (Virtual PC and VMware) using a CD/DVD Image and dont have a problem with it at all.

XPlode always makes #XPLODE# the same directory in which XPlode.exe resides.

If it has the directory in which it's stored on your HD, then you must be running it from your HD. XPlode should have no knowledge of the disks outside the VM, so you must not be doing it properly.

How are you running it? From CMDLINES.TXT, it's from your HD, not from the $OEM$ folder.

Don't mix and match logfiles and setup scripts. Nobody is going to be able to help if you're posting conflicting data.

I have a ISO mounted to VMare, runnig off that to install XP, getting the log error based of that, I am running it from cmdlines.txt, still renamed the Xplode-GFXinstall.xml to my Xplode.xml for testing purposes. Still not getting it to appear during the install.

during the install at the 12 - 13 minute mark i get a cmd window that copies over one file, i would assume that it is the cmdlines.txt file that it is copying and then suspose to run but nothing happens after the file copy

.... so, you have XP installing from CD in the location:

#SOURCEPATH# = 'D:\I386'

and XPlode is placed:

#XPLODE# = 'D:\SingleImage\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install'

.... does anything seem wrong to you?

yeah i know, it is F*cked up and i know why for that issue. Log file that i was looking at was part of the iamge and was copied over to the Image, the log was not being created from the run at T - 12.