Windows 2003 gets disconnected from network

Hi,

klasika,

Thanks for the inforation I'll check it. This week I'll be in contact with Microsoft, I have opened a case and I hope that problem can be solved. I'll let you know the solution (if any) ;-)

thanks.

Can this be you're problem?

Announcement - UPDATED HOTFIX FOR MICROSOFT KNOWLEDGE BASE ARTICLE 898060 RELEASED

This Alert is to notify you of the availability of an updated hotfix for Microsoft Knowledge Base article 898060 and provide information around this updated hotfix.

The alert is also to provide you with information and answers to a number of questions that have been raised since the publication of the Knowledge Base article on 23 April 2005.

As a reminder, the Knowledge Base Article can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898060

The Master Knowledge Base Article for MS05-019 references this article.

The Master Knowledge Base Article for MS05-019 is located here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893066

SYMPTOMS

Network connectivity between clients and servers may fail. This failure occurs after the installation of either security update MS05-019 or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Any one or more of the following symptoms may occur:

Ok I see I'm not the first with this suggestion....... :D:P

Yes Broadcom 5704

I think that's not Microsoft problem but now i not sure what cause make this problem. but i had "restore factory setting" on Ethernet switch module and reconfig it again. The problem never come back. I had test for 4 blade center ,reset and reconfig 8 Ethernet switch module. Try to do like this and tell me it can solve or not ...... :D:D

Hi,

eplrs,

I tried that option (power management) when the problem started, it was one of the first things I did and didn't work.

pikjapik,

So, you have an IBM BladeCenter model 86772xx with Swith Module part number 26K6483 and IBM Blade Servers model HS20 (machine type 8843) and you solved the problem resetting the Switch Modules to factory defaults ??? (plase confirm you have same hardware)

One more thing, please, tell me which firmware version you have installed on Switch Modules.

thanks in advance.

Albert.-

Hi pikjapik,

So, you have an IBM BladeCenter model 86772xx with Swith Module part number 26K6483 and IBM Blade Servers model HS20 (machine type 8843) and you solved the problem resetting the Switch Modules to factory defaults ??? (plase confirm you have same hardware)

One more thing, please, tell me which firmware version you have installed on Switch Modules.

thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone find a solution for this problem? – I’m experiencing the exact same problem on this type of BladeCenter / blade servers.

We have got five HS20 (8843-21Y) blades in one BladeCenter (8677-3TG), and randomly either of the blades looses connection to the network.

I don't know what type of ESM modules that are installed, but they appear as DLNK (revision 95 - released 08/20/2004) in MM web.