Photoshop CS2

Astie

I am curious as to how you got the admin install to work :wacko:

I cant get it to run.

When I try to run the installation from a script it fails to find the data1.cab file and then prompts to retry or cancel.

This method would prove to be very useful if I could get it to work.

The source size is reduced to 130mb when compressed with 7zip.

I am running it with an AutoIt script but it would seem that the installer

itself needs to be altered to keep it from checking for the data.cab file.

But the .msi file itself runs fine when I just double click on it.

Here is my AutoIt script if anyone is interested. The .msi has been renamed.

RunWait("msiexec /qb /l* cs2-log.txt /i adobecs2.msi")

;Activation
WinWaitActive  ( "Adobe Photoshop Installer","" )
ControlClick  ( "Adobe Photoshop Installer", "", "Button6" )

;Activation2
Sleep      ( 250 )
WinWaitActive ( "Adobe Activation","" )
ControlClick   ( "Adobe Activation", "", "Button1" )

Exit

;EOF

As mentioned on page 1 if u use just the msi file you'll most likely have an error when starting PS b/c of the missing autoupdater.

And what i posted at the beginning WAS an AutoIT script (i suppose batman75 copied it :thumbup)- just copy it and save it to a plain text file and rename to whatever.au3.

Run ("setup.exe /v/qb")
WinWaitActive("Adobe Photoshop Installer")
ControlClick("Adobe Photoshop Installer", "", "Button6")
WinWaitActive("Adobe Activation")
ControlClick("Adobe Activation", "", "Button1")

Thats right - but therefore i included this part here:

WinWaitActive("Adobe Photoshop Installer")
ControlClick("Adobe Photoshop Installer", "", "Button6")
WinWaitActive("Adobe Activation")
ControlClick("Adobe Activation", "", "Button1")

It waits for the Registration "popup" and cancels activation. Of course, you have to register it within the first 30 days, but hey, at least its installed unattended :-). i suppose its the same as with adobe acrobat professional - the activation just sucks and can't be automated (as far as i know)!

And hey, the topic was "remove activation screen on install" - not REGISTER it successfully :-).

Ok but remove implys "getting rid of" :D

that CRAP... :lol:

are u sure?  :D

Well its like this. When Adobe first launched their products with CS product name, they introduced activation (which we all know) but didn't include support for other languages. So Adobe lanched Photoshop CS Central European Version which didn't need activation, and added support for more languages but could be used by english speaking individuals as well. Well according to Adobe, there won't be an CE version of CS2 which means probably no corp version either. And I think somewhere I saw Adobe saying everyone having to use activation on their products also.

Edited by 1chaoticadult

why not just dont be so lazy...and just pop in the Installation CD after you installed your windows....its not like your not gonna be installing other programs in the future....what is your goal...to have a 5 DVD set of Windows Installation.. :P ...geesh the chances of any one of your programs to come out with a "update" is almost 100%....in the near future....I dont know about you....but i dont have the excess time...and im not installing Windows every week...so its your project..good luck....i'm not knocking your project or you...but it seems you will drive yourself ragged over this......soon SP3 will be out..right before the launch of Longhorn...and you will be right back again.

why not just dont be so lazy...and just pop in the Installation CD after you installed your windows....its not like your not gonna be installing other programs in the future....what is your goal...to have a 5 DVD set of Windows Installation.. :P ...geesh the chances of any one of your programs to come out with a "update" is almost 100%....in the near future....I dont know about you....but i dont have the excess time...and im not installing Windows every week...so its your project..good luck....i'm not knocking your project or you...but it seems you will drive yourself ragged over this......soon SP3 will be out..right before the launch of Longhorn...and you will be right back again.

Well I understand where you are coming from but some people have the excess time to do this... Also lots of people do unattended installs for their jobs, family, etc. so I wouldn't say this is lazyiness. It actually takes more to create a satisifactory unattended cd or dvd than just pop the software installation cd or dvd on a installed windows.

Thats the point of this forums, right? :unsure:

If you dont have anything useful to say then dont post...

Personally I want to have all my software to install automatically. After six months I might update the software, create a new DVD and discard the old one. :yes:

Thats the point of this forums, right? :unsure:

If you dont have anything useful to say then dont post...

Personally I want to have all my software to install automatically. After six months I might update the software, create a new DVD and discard the old one. :yes:

Why don't you use a rewritable dvd or cds? Just wondering out of curious..