Photoshop CS2

Astie

i've got the new adobe photoshop cs2 silent running but can not get the activation screen removed on installation.

i've already got this:

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\photoshop\setup.exe /v/qb!

(this is the program installation)

start /wait "%systemdrive%\install\photoshop\Adobe Common File Installer.msi" /qb!

(this is an installation to remove the update error when you start photoshop)

copy %systemdrive%\install\photoshop\B2B86000.dat "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses" /y

(this is my activation file for activation)

regedit /s %systemdrive%\install\photoshop\settings.reg

(for getting some reg settings right)

and my Abcpy.ini looks like this:

;***************************************************************

;Adobe Installer External Configuration File: Abcpy.ini

;Main Section

;The (Product) key is a required key

[MAIN]

Product=Adobe® Photoshop CS2

AbcpyVersion=2.0

;OEM Installation Options

[OEM Install]

SERIALNUMBER=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

SERIALNUMBERTRYOUT=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

USERNAME=a

COMPANYNAME=d

INSTALLDIR=

DisplayWelcomeDlg=NO

DisplayEULA=NO

DisplayXPDialog=NO

DisplayTypeOfInstallDlg=NO

DisplaySelectDestDirDlg=NO

DisplayCustomDlg=NO

DisplayUserInfoDlg=NO

DisplayConfirmRegDlg=NO

DisplayStartCopyDlg=NO

DisplayFinishDlg=NO

DisplayFinalMessage=NO

DisplayRebootDlg=NO

DisplayBackGround=NO

DisplayBackGround=NO

DisplayProgressBar=NO

ProgressBarStart=NO

ProgressBarEnd=NO

Can somebody help me?

greetz astie

Remove your tryout serial from your .ini file. You shouldn't be posting it. I don't think you can remove activation without manually doing it. I could be wrong though... Also you need to add two more msi's to your photoshop cs2 install or errors will occur with help and browse will not work. And another one exists which is for stock photos but is not needed unless like me you want the full install..

Edited by 1chaoticadult

Remove your tryout serial  from your .ini file.  You shouldn't be posting it.  I don't think you can remove activation without manually doing it.  I could be wrong though...  Also you need to add two more msi's to your photoshop cs2 install or errors will occur with help and browse will not work. And another one exists which is for stock photos but is not needed unless like me you want the full install..

oke removed it, but cant i turn the activation off on installation so it pop ups when you start photoshop for the first time?

Remove your tryout serial  from your .ini file.  You shouldn't be posting it.  I don't think you can remove activation without manually doing it.  I could be wrong though...  Also you need to add two more msi's to your photoshop cs2 install or errors will occur with help and browse will not work. And another one exists which is for stock photos but is not needed unless like me you want the full install..

oke removed it, but cant i turn the activation off on installation so it pop ups when you start photoshop for the first time?

This might be possible but seeing how photoshop cs2 activation is slightly different from cs, I'm not sure if ya can or not especially how they have the transfer activation option (although I think this uses the net connection, not sure).

i've tried creating an administrative installation point from the .msi resulting on a smaller setup... problem is that it won't run uA.

apparently the program builds the admin point only for photoshop and imageready, prompting an error when it's time to install adobe updater. this can be interesting for us b/c it also reduces the size of installed CS2

i wonder if will be available a tool to deploy .mst files to use with "/TRANSFORMS=" switch...

I followed the instructions posted here an got some interesting results. after creating an admin point with PSCS2 and the other MSIs i trie to install PSCS2 silently with the /qb-! switch - it didn't work - it did NOTHING at all! The only switch that worked was /qb. But i got an error (a nice errormessage - just ERROR). The reason for this error was the missing abcpy.ini, so i copied it to the main directory of the admin installation point. after that /qb worked, till i got another error, complaining that \PSCS2\CommonAppData\Adobe\Updater\Certs\photoshop.cer has a read error. Does anyone has the some or similar problems? I keep on trying....

Update: Ok, i finished the installed (i clicked ignore) but nevertheless i get the activation screen at the end of the installation. Adobe sucks :D.

This AutoIT script is not the perfect solution, but it works (for now)...

Run ("setup.exe /v/qb")
WinWaitActive("Adobe Photoshop Installer")
ControlClick("Adobe Photoshop Installer", "", "Button6")
WinWaitActive("Adobe Activation")
ControlClick("Adobe Activation", "", "Button1")

This AutoIT script is not the perfect solution, but it works (for now)...

Run ("setup.exe /v/qb")

That script won't work anyway. You have to type in an serial numbers to have a fully activated copy unless of course you are using the trial in which the activation screen will keep popping up.

just add the serial to the abcpy.ini - there are two possibilities to enter serials - enter either a "real" or a "tryout". sorry, forgot to mention that. i tried it and it worked

[OEM Install]

just add the serial to the abcpy.ini - there are two possibilities to enter serials - enter either a "real" or a "tryout". sorry, forgot to mention that. i tried it and it worked

[OEM Install]

Yea but you still need an authorization & activation code to input into the activation screen. I guess you wasn't getting what I saying before.

Thats right - but therefore i included this part here:

It waits for the Registration "popup" and cancels activation. Of course, you have to register it within the first 30 days, but hey, at least its installed unattended :-). i suppose its the same as with adobe acrobat professional - the activation just sucks and can't be automated (as far as i know)!

And hey, the topic was "remove activation screen on install" - not REGISTER it successfully :-).