Can't install Longhorn 5048

Chem

I burned the longhorn ISO "lh_usa_5048.050401-0536_x86fre_pro-dvd.iso" without any problems, but when booting it I get a machine_exception_error BSOD, this happens half the time. The other half of the time the setup starts and then freezes while copying files.

I thought it might be the DVD I burnt, so I made a second copy and it had the same problems, I then downloaded the ISO again from another source and burnt it, and had the same problems.

I tried installing Longhorn from inside windows onto another HDD, Longhorn installed succesfully, and rebooted and comleted the installation, however whenever I try to boot longhorn I get some bootloaded exception errors and it simply doesn't work.

I've tried every combination I can think of (Im open to ideas), but it seems longhorn just refuses to run on my hardware, I cant think of why.

My comp is completely stable and Ive ran prime95 for hours upon hours without any errors.

My hardware is:

Abit AV8 S939 motherboard

Athlon64 3200+ CPU

GeForce 6600GT

1GB of 2100 ram

I'm really clueless as to why it's not working.

Do You Have The Right Version For Your Computer

The version of Longhorn for x86-based systems requires a partition that must have 6 gigabytes (GB) of free space and 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM. If the video card is sharing system RAM with only 256 MB, Setup will not be able to complete this installation.

The version of Longhorn for 64-bit extended systems requires a partition that must have 6 GB of free space and 512 MB of RAM. If the video card is sharing system RAM with only 512 MB, Setup will not be able to complete this installation.

I tried installing Kubuntu on the same drive just now, and it jammed up with the partitioner during setup.

Guess my drive is fragged.. :}

Ill try installing longhorn on a different drive later on.. Mystery solved..