Issues between the two packs.

Kelsenellenelvian

First of all let me say I love this projest and have been using it since the first release.

Now when I made my CD I noticed that the anattended pack and the regular pack patch different files. Is there any particular reason for this?

Why does the unattended pack not replace the bitmaps in msgina.dll used for the shutoff dialog background??

Why doesn't either pack replace the bitmaps in shell32.dll used for the please wait and logoff backgrounds? The same bitmaps are changed in the msgina.dll by the regular pack.

As of the way it stands now my way of creating an XPized cd is long and tedious becuase the 2 packs actually patch some different files and I want the full package so I have to patch my xp with one pack reboot and then patch it with the other pack and before reboot and catch the temp files before they are moved. Then I still need to fix the bitmaps in shell32.dll mentioned earlier.

I am putting my 2 cents in and asking these questions for the improvement of this project. I am not trying to flame nor do I want to be.

I do absolutely love this project and hope it doesn't stop plus bleeds over to longhorn in the future after release.

Why does the unattended pack not replace the bitmaps in msgina.dll used for the shutoff dialog background??

I think it does, but the graphics differ. The graphics from the normal version come with the royale theme, I think. And the graphics from the Unattended Version look similar to the normal graphics, but are not the same!

In uAE there is no "Royale" shutdown dialog because I want it to be more general. Since in uAE "there is no possibility" to choose components (it is supposed that you're going to use it unnattendely) I preferred not to included "Royale" shutdown, cuz I think not everybody likes it. With uAE, think of an enhanced version of XP, just that. With normal XPize, think of an enhanced version of XP with optional Royale oriented look.

I have said this before: If you want me to put the Royale shutdown dialog by default in uAE, jut tell me. If "yes" wins over "no", I will add it.

A temporary solution for your issue can be installing 3.1 and taking msgina.dll from it. Then use this to replace your old msgina in your I386 directory before burning the CD.

XPero

Here is a YES vote for "Royale" shutdown dialog.  :)

Also I guess we could use the Full XPize select Patch I386, and just copy the one file (msgina.dll)?

There is no Royale shutdown dialog in uAE, so using the I386 Patching option will not solve the "problem".

XPero