how difficult is to type on a Japanese typewriter?

SiMoNsAyS

Simon

living and studying in japan for a couple of years.

108-0875_IMG.jpg

Image234.gif

I can tell you this is not how most people write :lol:

The Chinese and Japanes keyboard is slightly different. We spell out

the sound of the word we want. The input is Hiragana and Katakana, then the Operating System will produce a list of words to choose from (Since Chinese and Japnese words sometimes have multiple meanings this is a must)

You can equate it with using intuitive text on celphones. But a little different

Base on the sound, the Operating systems guess what word you want and u select it from the list.

It isn't very hard once u get use to it. Most Chinese and Japanese know about 6,000 to 8,000 thousand characters. Quite a few more than then english alphabet.

@Astalavista, thanks for the info :)

i've heard that spanish is the language with most terms but i find it the easiest compared to the amount of symbols you need to manage to write a word :P

I didn't say it was better :lol:

English so eash to learn.

I have been meaning to learn to speak spanish for a very long time.

I need to find a Girl friend to practice with in BED. Someone like P. Cruz

will do just fine.

@HyperHacker, video works, have you read "Click to Start Video"? <_<  :}

No, actually, I downloaded the video itself and opened it. Nothing happens.

Asta, is that really how it's done? I tried to get proper Japanese input on my computer and was surprised to see that the only methods available really sucked. One, you type the sounds out using English letters, and the other makes a bit more sense, each key maps to one Japanese letter; but with both you have to pull down a menu and change modes to type Katakana (the Shift key types uppercase English <_<), and said menu is horribly buggy.

@HyperHacker, video works, have you read "Click to Start Video"? <_<  :}

No, actually, I downloaded the video itself and opened it. Nothing happens.

Asta, is that really how it's done? I tried to get proper Japanese input on my computer and was surprised to see that the only methods available really sucked. One, you type the sounds out using English letters, and the other makes a bit more sense, each key maps to one Japanese letter; but with both you have to pull down a menu and change modes to type Katakana (the Shift key types uppercase English <_<), and said menu is horribly buggy.

you have to use a japanese keyboard. so cheap like 15 dollars. u have to order from amazon.com or buy.com

i use a modified chinese keyboard.