oemlogo.bmp

thanks man.u solved my problem

why flower?

owowow iam not female :P .its just for testing only :whistle:

one more.is it possible with adobe photoshop.

Edited by bmn

Here is what I would do in Paint Shop Pro,

1 - File->New or Crtl+N to create a new image

2 - Set the dimensions, and click on the colour, this will open the Material Properties

window where you can select a colour of your choice. Set the RGB values to R 255 G 0 B 255 or just use the HTML code of #ff00ff.

3 - Open the image you want to use, use the selection tool with point to point as the selection type to cut around the image you want, you should then have a dotted line around the image, just add a feather of 1 to the image with CTRL+H this softens the edges a bit.

4 - Use CTRL+C to copy and goto the 1st image you created and select it, then CTRL+E to paste into that image then right click on the image to deselect

5 -  Click on CTRL+SHIFT+3 to decrease colour depth to 256 and click ok.

6 - Finally F12 to Save As, and save as oemlogo.bmp

Hope this works, attached is your image with a transparent background took about 5 mins, gotta say this though after the link you posted previous with the T&A on it can't understand why you chose a flower  :P

thats a nice little tut that you typed up there benners,, just curious does it stay transparent with your method no matter what type of theme you use ?

and also when you enlarge the oem image to a large capacity,, lets say for example tht girl image you used that took up the whole side..

is the regular pc image thats there covered up ? or did you remove it ?

thats a nice little tut that you typed up there benners,, just curious does it stay transparent with your method no matter what type of theme you use ?

and also when you enlarge the oem image to a large capacity,, lets say for example tht girl image you used that took up the whole side..

is the regular pc image thats there covered up ? or did you remove it ?

Cheers :thumbup

As Far as I have tested it the image has been transparent (only tested with windows default themes), as long as the image is 256 colours and the RGB values are as stated it sees the pinks as transparent.

The image with the monitor is still there just covered up, incase I want to tweak that, but I have deleted it in the past with no hiccups.

• 2 weeks later...
benners could you plzz post your angelina jolie oemlogo? :blushing:

it looks really cool

you cut it really good and size is perfect (at least in your screenshot)

plzzzzzz

Well I could have if I still had it, when I went to post it I found I had saved the resized image over the hoooge one :realmad: , anyway I found a similar picture and made it again, the size may vary slightly.

It is on a white background as the original one was

oemlogo.zip

Edited by benners