oemlogo.bmp

Use Resource Hacker and open sysdm.cpl. goto Dialog no 101, click on the bmp image and use the resizing handles to enlarge the image. This image is 162x335

benners, I just gotta say how **** happy I am you shared this info with us.. now I've finally been able to creat e a kickass oemlogo with a decent sized image.. and get rid of that annoying XP logo as well... I also made edited some of the text titles too.. thanks for the inspiration mate :thumbup

thanks for the inspiration mate
No problem, just giving back after all the info I have gleaned from this site and thanks for the feed back.

I tend to keep a list of file modifications in a file along with the resources incase in future updates from MS add a new version, just makes it quicker and easier to re-add the "improvements" :D

Whoa! I never thought of using resource hacker there! Fantastic!

Anyway, there is a difference in Win versions. The logo in 9x maxes out at 120x120, according to MS the max for XP is 172x172 and should be square!! Really, I'm not kidding. This is from KB314472 for WinXP (it is similar for Win2K)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;314472

==========

"Part D: Brand Your System Manually

1. To add support information to the Windows Start menu, create an Oeminfo.ini file by using Windows Notepad, and then copy it to the Windows\System32 folder.

When you use Oeminfo.ini, the values in the [General] section and a Support Information button are displayed on the General tab of the System Properties dialog box.

The following is an example of the Oeminfo.ini file:

[General]

Manufacturer = MyCompany, Inc.

Model = Brand X Processor

SupportURL = http://www.mycompany.com

LocalFile = C:\Winnt\Web\LocalFilename.htm

[support Information]

Line1= For Technical Support:

Line2= to obtain updated drivers or for information on frequently

Line3= asked questions, visit the MyCompany technical

Line4= support web site at:

Line5=

Line6= http://www.mycompany.com/techsupport.

NOTE: The [General] and [support Information] sections of the Oeminfo.ini file are required. Replace the manufacturer, model, support URL, and local file information with your company information. Be careful not to leave any trailing spaces after your company name.

2. To add your logo to the System Properties window in the Control Panel, replace the sample Oemlogo.bmp file included in this OPK with your company logo (bitmap image) in the Windows\System32 subfolder.

NOTE: Your Oemlogo.bmp logo must be square and must measure 172 by 172 pixels. If your bitmap image is smaller than this specification, it appears centered in the rectangle. If it is larger than this specification, part of it might appear to be cropped under certain font and screen resolutions, or it might not appear at all. Refer to "Chapter 6: Advanced Customization Topics" in the OPK User Guide for more information about how to brand.For additional information about creating Oeminfo.ini files, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

216347 HOWTO: Test and Modify the Logos in an OEM Preinstallation ==============

I don't know about you, but when I tried that it cut off the top of Sun Tzu head in the pic I was using.

As to why your oemlogo isn't showing up, I don't kknow. Try a smaller version, try a different picture, try reducing the number of colors (256 works best).

To make a given color or background transparent in PSP, just go to Colors/Set Palette Transparency... and then choose which color you want to be transparent. You must be in 256 colors to do this.

I tend to keep a list of file modifications in a file along with the resources incase in future updates from MS add a new version, just makes it quicker and easier to re-add the "improvements"  :D

Just outta curiousity, what other files have you made improvements too? :whistle:

I tend to keep a list of file modifications in a file along with the resources incase in future updates from MS add a new version, just makes it quicker and easier to re-add the "improvements"  :D

Just outta curiousity, what other files have you made improvements too? :whistle:

im kinda curious myself to see if you have anything altered that i havnt tried yet :)

Nothing ground breaking, I used to edit a lot of text in dialog boxes, usual things like explorer.exe (Change Start Menu text , bitmaps and properties), winntbbu.dll, Shell32.dll (Most of Windows dialog boxes here), I removed the splash screen from CDR-Win.

I dont know if it is displayed but whilst looking through msgina.dll, dialog box 2210 (Shutdown Event Tracker)I found

"The computer got very poorly and decided to end it's own suffering.
on the dialog itself, must be Microsoft having a laugh

post-11604-1120667393_thumb.jpg

Nothing ground breaking, I used to edit a lot of text in dialog boxes, usual things like explorer.exe (Change Start Menu text , bitmaps and properties), winntbbu.dll, Shell32.dll (Most of Windows dialog boxes here), I removed the splash screen from CDR-Win.

I dont know if it is displayed but whilst looking through msgina.dll, dialog box 2210 (Shutdown Event Tracker)I found

"The computer got very poorly and decided to end it's own suffering.
on the dialog itself, must be Microsoft having a laugh

lol that is indeed interesting i tried once to edit out the msgina but no matter how i attacked the problem it still kept jumping into classic mode grr the agrivation lol :)

here is mine.

every thing is ok expect transperent back ground.i tried a lot of softwares to convert gif which is having transperent background to bmp.but no use

after conversion backgroung changes back to white.

any idea? how to overcome this

bmn

Here is what I would do in Paint Shop Pro,

1 - File->New or Crtl+N to create a new image

2 - Set the dimensions, and click on the colour, this will open the Material Properties

window where you can select a colour of your choice. Set the RGB values to R 255 G 0 B 255 or just use the HTML code of #ff00ff.

3 - Open the image you want to use, use the selection tool with point to point as the selection type to cut around the image you want, you should then have a dotted line around the image, just add a feather of 1 to the image with CTRL+H this softens the edges a bit.

4 - Use CTRL+C to copy and goto the 1st image you created and select it, then CTRL+E to paste into that image then right click on the image to deselect

5 - Click on CTRL+SHIFT+3 to decrease colour depth to 256 and click ok.

6 - Finally F12 to Save As, and save as oemlogo.bmp

Hope this works, attached is your image with a transparent background took about 5 mins, gotta say this though after the link you posted previous with the T&A on it can't understand why you chose a flower :P

oemlogo.zip