Problem with sysdm.cpl

Hey, I've been reading a lot on this issue but can't find solution for it so here it goes:

I've been editing sysdm.cpl file without problems with hacker resources and when i have it ready and nicely done i apply it by copying oeminfo.ini / oemlogo.bmp and sysdm.cpl to /Windows/System32. The problem is when i copy that file over orginal file in /Windows/System32 it works for like first 5 seconds or when i open it for first time.. but if i try to open it many times.. or i do some changes to oeminfo file in the meantime it changes back to ORGINAL file for some reason. Any solution to this?

• 10 months later...

Yes there is...

This file is protected by the Windows File Protection and will WFP will replace this file if it has been modified or deleted.

To check this go to your system32 folder and you will see a sysdm_orignal.cpl file.

Have a quick look on google to disable or modify the size think it is currently set to 10mb for XP.

FOUND THIS POST

hope that helps

• 1 year later...

Hi... I need help coz I am stuck... I entered a picture in the "System" Area (e.g. where is says a special drop down http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/7074/sysdmpx4.gif).

I compilied the script and the picture is showing correctly. But when I replace the original with the edited file, nothing shows up. Can anyone help me? I can send you the file if required.

Hey, I've been reading a lot on this issue but can't find solution for it so here it goes:

I've been editing sysdm.cpl file without problems with hacker resources and when i have it ready and nicely done i apply it by copying oeminfo.ini / oemlogo.bmp and sysdm.cpl to /Windows/System32. The problem is when i copy that file over orginal file in /Windows/System32 it works for like first 5 seconds or when i open it for first time.. but if i try to open it many times.. or i do some changes to oeminfo file in the meantime it changes back to ORGINAL file for some reason. Any solution to this?

If this is due to file protection, then you can disable file protection using nlite

Any help for me?

Hi... I need help coz I am stuck... I entered a picture in the "System" Area (e.g. where is says a special drop down http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/7074/sysdmpx4.gif).

I compilied the script and the picture is showing correctly. But when I replace the original with the edited file, nothing shows up. Can anyone help me? I can send you the file if required.