ME: system restore points

bluecat1

I'm back again, marveling at how little I know about my computer, and appreciating the fact that others do. I want to look in System Restore on my ME and say, hey, I can set my computer back 2 days ago. I disabled my System Restore for a reason I can't recall and then re-enabled it. It no longer creates automatic restore points. So I can set my own, but it doesn't seem logical that I would go in and create 365 restore points if for instance I wanted daily restore points. Is there a way to set my ME to create it's own restore points?

If I have hopelessly screwed this up already, what is a good plan of action for setting restore points manually? I tried setting up System Restore in the Maintenance Manager but of course, as I guessed, I was setting up System Restore on a schedule and not point setting. Naturally I cleared this out. Any help would be appreciated! :hello:

Here is some System Restore doc from Microsoft :

Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows Millennium Edition

How to Start the System Restore Tool from a Command Prompt

Checkpoints that you create after September 8, 2001 do not restore your computer

My advice would be not to rely too much on System Restore and devise your own backup/restore strategy. I believe that with System Restore you'll always reach a point where you'll be screwed with it.

You can disable it under Control Panel/System/Performance/File System/Troubleshooting or you can remove it using System Restore Remover

Sorry this does not answer too much your question.