Service pack for Windows 98 Standard (First, Gold)

Petr

your very welcome, Milmoor. glad there are at least a few people who really want to test out the 98fe service pack on their Win98fe machines.

Petr might also want to upload the 98fe service pack alpha at MyTempdir.com site.

Sorry to disappoint you, but my Windows98 FE installation is a failure. After three days of trying every trick I know, I've given up. I installed Windows XP instead. It absolutely hated my VIA SP13000 board, and kept on freezing in boottime. Yes, I did install the via 4-in-1 drivers, and tried a lot more. Hopefully someone else will be to test the updates, but I'm quiting before I started.

Petr might also want to upload the 98fe service pack alpha at MyTempdir.com site.

Why?

Petr

because Mytempdir.com is better than Rapidshare and I can download files there without restrictions. the ME service pack is posted at Mytempdir.com.

never mind. if getting 98 SP alpha is reliable at your Winpack.org site then we should leave it as is.

Sorry to disappoint you, but my Windows98 FE installation is a failure. After three days of trying every trick I know, I've given up. I installed Windows XP instead. It absolutely hated my VIA SP13000 board, and kept on freezing in boottime. Yes, I did install the via 4-in-1 drivers, and tried a lot more. Hopefully someone else will be to test the updates, but I'm quiting before I started.

I guess the VIA SP13000 mobo does not like Win98 FE and maybe it was not designed for 9xME and meant only for win2k/xp/2k3/vista versions of windows.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I will ask the_guy to see if he might be able to continue the 98 standard service pack 2.x project since we're close to making an official release of the ME service pack. There has been no response from HuckFinn for almost two months and he has not kept his promise.

• 1 month later...
I think I will ask the_guy to see if he might be able to continue the 98 standard service pack 2.x project since we're close to making an official release of the ME service pack. There has been no response from HuckFinn for almost two months and he has not kept his promise.

the answer to this is NO. the_guy wont be managing the 98fe SP2. looks like the responsibility is on Gape.

Where I can download fesp201en.exe or if exist newer pack?

If somebody know please to post,thanx! :whistle:

this version is an alpha version which was made in July 2005 but now posted at a different site.

OK,Thanx Petr.

I're download it. :rolleyes:

Is there any full ver. of this pack or older pack?

Which is difterent between alpha and full pack?

What do you mean by "full pack"?

Petr