BATCH FILES

JAYDALOSS

NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION DIRECTLY I HAVE 2 FILES ON MY FLOPPY ONE IS A BATCH FILE THE OTHER IS THE FILE THAT I WANT THE BOOTUP SCREEN TO PRINT SO I CAN VIEW IT THE NAME OF THIS FILE IS NAMED CMOS SO I USED THE COMMAND TYPE CMOS.TXT

THAT OPENS UP THE FILE BUT IT SHOOTS DOWN THE SCREEN TO THE END OF THE FILE WHAT COMMAND DO I USE TO VIEW THE WHOLE FILE I MEAN WHY WOULD IT EVEN SHHOT DOWN THE SCREEN IN THE FIRST PLACE I WANT TO BE ABLE TO READ THE WHOLE FILE SOMEBODY TOLD ME TO USE TYPE CMOS.TXT /P AND ALSO TYPE CMOS.TXT /MORE BUT NONE OF THAT WORKED DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR ISTHERE A SOFTWARE I CAN BUY THAT WILL GET THIS THING DONE

No the /p command is normally used after the DIR command. It wont work here. As for /more I dont know what the hell thats used for!

The reson why the batch finnishes straight away and closes is because its got no reason to stay open. Its main task in life is to display your text file which takes all of 2 micro seconds then it exits. You need to issue a command for it to stay open. For example, the pause command will display the text until the user presses a key to continue.

TYPE CMOS.TXT

pause

if I remember correctly "more" is not a built-in function of the OS but a separate program

yes "more.com" in system32 (used to be in \dos). doesn't have to be in the directory as long as it's in the path (which it is)

You Could Do That

You Could Also Add Your Batch File To A Floppy

The File Must End In Bat not cmd

Use This Cmd It Works. You Could Also Add More.exe

To The Boot Disk

note That The File Must be In The Same Dir

type cmos.txt|more

My Test And It Worked

Type D:\UpdateList-DownLoadList.txt | More