start menu frequent used program list

chatterbox

hey everyone,

ok i searched the forum but could not seem to find the solution to my problem. i used nLite's registry tweaks and i think i chose an option that disables the frequently used program list from the XP start menu. now my left pane of the start menu is blank. i would like to undo the registry tweak. i have tried several tweaks so far but none seems to work. any help is appreciated. by the way, nice program nuhi. i don't know what i would do without it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoRecentDocsMenu"=dword:00000001
"NoRecentDocsHistory"=dword:00000001

Change the 1 at the end of both to 0, save as reg file and import.

i tried "NoRecentDocsMenu"=dword:00000001 and "NoRecentDocsHistory"=dword:00000001 keys already, but they just enable the recent documents menu not the most frequent used programs list. i also did look in the inf file but it just shows what tweaks i used not the registry entries themselves. thanks for your replies though. i'll continue finding a solution.

i'm probably over-simplifying, but did you try the standard start menu adjustments? (right-click the blank space in the start menu, click properties, then customize) Maybe all you need to do is increase the number of programs in the recent programs list...I have mine set to 8.

• 1 month later...

try to set this number to 0 and then to 8, log off, then log on

key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

"Start_MinMFU"

something like that helped me...

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...