Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0.0.359

contender

i created the aip and the i compressed using winrar sfx. also use the switch :

"%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV\sav10.msi" /QB

and get the erorr when i run the sfx file that windows can find the file c:\install\aplication......

i also search this forum for a day and couldn't find a way to solve it.

any help please.....

i created the aip and the i compressed using winrar sfx. also use the switch :

"%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV\sav10.msi" /QB

and get the erorr when i run the sfx file that windows can find the file c:\install\aplication......

i also search this forum for a day and couldn't find a way to solve it.

any help please.....

make sure your sfx is extracting your msi in the directory u mentioned.

i did but it seems that i can't make it work.

i have the sav in a folder called sav.

go to run and type drive:\sav\setup.exe /a. the installer starts and ask me where to save. i said a folder called symantec on the same drive. good i have the aip.

fom now on i tried 2 ways:

1. 7zip using this method:7zip method no luck. when i click the .exe file created it just extracts and that is it.

2. winrar sfx selected all files and right click and choose add to archive then choose create sfx and create solid archive. in the archive opened with winrar o click sfx button and hit the advanced sfx options. in the run after extraction i put the switch i posted and also choose the same folder at path to extract. no luck. also choose to unpack to temporary folder and it says that windows installer can find the path. :(

have no more ideeas.....

edit

i succeded to make a winrar sfx installer but is not silent. cause i can not figure out a way to make it work if i extract to temporary folder.

copy the SAV folder from the original disc

folder:

post-39231-1115223686_thumb.jpg

and run this command:

prog[pn]=['Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0.0 Build 359']
desc[pn]=['virusscanner.']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\SAV10\\sav10.msi /qb RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS']
cat[pn]=['AntiVirus']
pn++

works great, also if one have 9.xx installed it upgrades whitout a prob :)

Be careful. I installed 10 to test it. By default it sets a startup scan which when you start windows it takes over 100mb of memory and 100% cpu , on my system it never stopped until I opened sav. then it quits. For now you can simply right click on the startup scan and delete, problem solved. I cant belive they put this as a defult for install. I am really starting to wonder about them.

So until I find out how to pre set stuff for the install like with version 9, I am out of luck to make this perfect yet.

Be careful. I installed 10 to test it. By default it sets a startup scan which when you start windows it takes over 100mb of memory and 100% cpu , on my system it never stopped until I opened sav. then it quits. For now you can simply right click on the startup scan and delete, problem solved. I cant belive they put this as a defult for install. I am really starting to wonder about them.

So until I find out how to pre set stuff for the install like with version 9, I am out of luck to make this perfect yet.

i confirm that. VERY ANNOYING !!!!!!!!!!!

Yes that is what I said hehe.

But the thing is though we dont want it as a default so need to disbale it in the setup most likely with the grt.dat file maybe ( I may have the file wrong, its been a while.)

hmm, anothewr interesting problem with SAV10 -

windows starts up, and always says "antivirus not installed", and then windows disapears, once it realized SAV10 is installed.

this didnt used to happen with 9.

anyone know if there are any REAL advantages to 10 over 9? i may stick with 9...

hmm, anothewr interesting problem with SAV10 -

windows starts up, and always says "antivirus not installed", and then windows disapears, once it realized SAV10 is installed.

this didnt used to happen with 9.

anyone know if there are any REAL advantages to 10 over 9?  i may stick with 9...

This happened to me with 9 and with 10 which I currently have installed. It's not symantec, its the stupid microsoft security center. Not saying symantec antivirus isn't without its bugs :D. Security Center also causes a delay on startup.

I have just tried the following:

msiexec /i sav10.msi /qb RUNSCAN=0 RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS

on my vmware machine and this does appear to suppress the initial rtvscan process. Can anyone else confirm this on their machines?