Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0.0.359

contender

Great. It took me forever to get V9 and all the subsequent patches stabilized for deployment through GPO. Now it looks like I get to start all over again. Well I hope they at least fixed some of the glaring omissions and bugs in this new version.

At work we have a volume license with Symantec and got our copy of SAV 10 yesterday. Anyway, all I have to say about SAV 10 is wow. There are some great features for anti-malware of various types. Anyway, all old silent switches work, but here's the best part, integrating up-to-date virus definition files has never been easier. Here is the installer's files:

File                    Size      
-----------------------------------    

0x0409.ini              5,495  
Data1.cab               13,576,266
instmsiw.exe            1,822,520
Setup.exe               249,856  
Setup.ini               1,892  
Symantec AntiVirus.msi  5,528,272
VDefHub.zip             7,290,006

Anyway, the VDefhub.zip file is the one were interested in. It contains the virus definition files. To update it, just download the latest Intelligent Updater definition file from Symantec (Here), open the Intelligent Updater exe file with Winrar, copy the VIRSCAN.ZIP file out, rename it to VDefHub.zip and copy it over the original in the installer's folder. That's all you have to do. The VDefHub.zip is still in the root of an Administrative Install Point if you make one. Also for those who were wondering, Live Update appears to be up-to-date as well.

Nice post, thanks!

No problem, I was surprised nobody else had posted this yet. But I'll share the knowledge I discover, usually somebody else discovers it first, but that's why I like MSFN. :thumbup

Nice post, thanks!

No problem, I was surprised nobody else had posted this yet. But I'll share the knowledge I discover, usually somebody else discovers it first, but that's why I like MSFN. :thumbup

Actually I posted this before you in this thread ---> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...991&hl=symantec :D

Edited by 1chaoticadult

Nice post, thanks!

Actually I posted this before you in this thread ---> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...991&hl=symantec :D

Well, at least now its in the thread titled SAV 9 and the thread titled SAV 10. :blushing: Now nobody should not be able to find it. :whistle: