Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB)

vcBlackBox

Hello vcBlackBox,

NCAB_Int+Lang_pack works well. Great! :thumbup

As far as I know, NERO after 6.6.0.3 is a multi language exe, so we Japanese did not need a language pack. We can see 15 files of nres_XXX.msgin in C:\ C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero after normal installation.

However, if I do not use Lang_pack.exe for NCAB_Int installation, an error message appears on my screen “When you are going to install system components, please install them via a control panel.". This windows erro message is the same message that I got when I install 6.6.0.12 by the old way. I have no idea how I can avoid the error. :wacko:

Anyway, I can install JPN NERO without any problem by NCAB_Int+Lang_pack. Good. :yes:

Thank you = ARIGATOU (in Japanese)

Hello atlas95

1. Download 7-Zip 4.18 beta from below a site and install it.

http://www.7-zip.org/dl/7z418b.exe

2. Ectract NCAB_Int.rar in a "NCAB_Int" folder

3. Set files in the "NCAB_Int" folder.

NCAB_Int.exe

Nero_Installer.cmd

StartX.exe

vcBlackBox_Nero.txt

vcBlackBox_Nero.sfx

Nero-6.6.0.12.exe

NeroLanguagePack.exe(If you need)

4. Revise the Nero_Installer.cmd. (Over write your Serial on XXXX)

Nero Package 1 Setup : start /wait setupx.exe /SFX /SILENT=1 /SILENT /SN=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /WRITE_SN /NO_UI /NOCANCEL /NOREBOOT

5. Click the NCAB_Int.exe

6. Follow the instractions which appear on the window. (Select optional install)

7. FINE !

It's almost 5:00 am in Japan. I'm sleepy........ ;)

Sorry vcBlackBox, it is not about NCAB. But many NERO users read this thread.

If you get a Windows error message when you install 6.6.0.12. by old fashion way. please do as follows. Especially it may good information for double byte OS users, I think. It is a very slipshod way, but it works !

(1)Extract NERO 6.6.0.8

(2)Extract NERO 6.6.0.12

(3)Overwrite 6.6.0.12 on 6.6.08.

(4)Delete setup.exe and Setup.cfg

(5)Compress all files as we did.

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setupx.exe /SN=****-****-****-****-****-**** /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT /NOLICENSE /NOCANCEL
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 6.6.0.12 Ahead Software AG

i downloaded the ncab.rar from the first post..followed all the instructions to the word..but all i get in the end is a 65kb nero_custom.exe...which doesnt work...wat to do?

from wat i get from ur instructions is:

1. unrar ncab.rar

2. put it in the same folder as nero6.6.0.12.exe

3. run ncab.exe

4. on screen instructions to choose components..

5. but then i get this 65kb file which is not right..

really wanna have this app silently..plz help!

Hi all,

I've used Felix's Nero Custom Install Builder and built an installer with only Nero Burning Rom and Nero ToolKit from the Nero Ultra Edition 6.6.0.6 installer. Build worked fine, install fine. BUT, now, when I burn, I get "Unknown BurnPhase" in the progress window, when it should say "writing to disc". I used to have Nero Ultra Ed installed fully but didn't want all the extra crap, hence using Felix' custom builder. Why am I getting this message now? Please help! Other info: Win2K Pro, Lite-on external CD-RW drive...

Hi all,

I've used Felix's Nero Custom Install Builder and built an installer with only Nero Burning Rom and Nero ToolKit from the Nero Ultra Edition 6.6.0.6 installer.  Build worked fine, install fine.  BUT, now, when I burn, I get "Unknown BurnPhase" in the progress window, when it should say "writing to disc".  I used to have Nero Ultra Ed installed fully but didn't want all the extra crap, hence using Felix' custom builder.  Why am I getting this message now?  Please help!  Other info: Win2K Pro, Lite-on external CD-RW drive...

i think u posted in the wrong thread.

i think u posted in the wrong thread.

Sorry, all is better. I've just used NCAB instead of Felix' and I don't get the Unknown BurnPhase in Nero. I have Win2K, and it worked fine. I have Nero Ultra 6.6.0.6 and it was no problem; as I hoped, NCAB is backwardly compatible. The only thing was that I had to change "setupx.exe" in the .cmd file to "setup". Only one minor complaint: when running the custom installer, there's no "progress" window whatsoever, or any window to indicate that it's running. Is this normal? No biggie, as it's easy enough to check if it's installed, but, you know, for the dummies out there...

Glad you figured it out and it's working for you. Just want to add some further explanation. If you have reg.exe, it will work on Win2k, otherwise it will install okay but will not import any plugin sn, tweaks, or cleanup the registry. Inaddition, there maybe minor application issues (example: nero toolkit lacking png, jpg screen capture saves) unless you already have gdiplus.dll in your system. That's nothing major, but XP users have this DLL already.

To see some progress window on the screen, remove the /SILENT=1 and /NO_UI switches.

I thought I'd let you know: I downloaded the NCAB.rar from Rapidshare. When I Extracted it, my Antivirus (Kaspersky) alerted me with the following message:

D:\My Downloads\Nero\NCAB.exe Infected Constructor.Win32.Delf.g

Maybe you can take a look at this.