Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB)

vcBlackBox

Just want to say that is is an incredible program. Thanks to the developer of it. Does this person have a site for it? Is he/she still working on it? Just curious. I do have one little request in case he/she is listening I would like to be able to add/subtract shortcuts to the various apps on the desktop. That would be the icing on the cake.

This piece of software amazes me!!!

:thumbup

sad but its discontinued i believe

Just downloaded Update Package 1 (version 6.6.1.4) and NCAB works a treat. Everything removed. 20MB. What a sweet tool! Thanks very much! It's amazing that my original Nero Express CD contains 454MB of cruft and funny that Ahead send a complete working program and call it an update which is 35MB and even funnier that they still insist on packaging 15MB of cruft with it.

Thanks again.

Finally a new update. :lol: But don't get your hopes up for new features or quick updates anymore, I'm basically done with this project. I think this is as good as it's going to get. I've release this new update to mainly address a reduced functionality issue for Nero Update Package 2 users. So thanks everyone for your support and I did enjoy working on this project.

Version 2.11 2006-02-02

--------------------------------------

- Added support for latest versions of Nero-6.6.1.4.exe and NVE-3.1.0.25.exe

- Automatically removes Yahoo toolbar from distribution. (1.2MB)

- Fixed a possible loss of functionality issue for users of Nero Update Package 2.

- Removed my Nero Video Decoder and NeroFilter check option for better compatibility.

I would like to be able to add/subtract shortcuts to the various apps on the desktop. That would be the icing on the cake.

I just have a cmd that runs to remove all the desktop shortcuts. So many programs put their icons on the desktop, system tray, start menu, launch bar etc, it's easier to let them think they've got their way then just remove 'em all!

del %USERPROFILE%\desktop\*.lnk
del %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\desktop\*.lnk

Thanks for this app :D , it has solved a problem i was having with silently installing nero. I did not know what i did wrong but it would just keep on spouting errors unless i would add the full package to it :angry:

But running this app just solved all problems i was having :D now it works like a charm, thanks a bunch!

@vcBlackBox

I took a peek at your cmd & reg files, made a few little tweaks, and repacked with hidec (vs. startx), only 1.5kb.. I had to add some files that were missing as I used old NCAB on new nero, but all worked great. Hope Nero uses sfx for a long time.

thx. nice tool you've made there. today i've tried it with the latest nero v6(.6.1.4) & visionexpress v3.1.0.25. it works great if i use it on nero v6 only, but if you combine it with visionexpress some dll's won't get registered ('blahblah..doesn't seem to be a legit windows dll..cannot be registered..blahblah') and visionexpress cannot be started, plus my custom _setup creates a shortcut to showtime on the desktop instead of the startsmart. i'm using windows 2000 sp4.

Is it possible to edit the uninstall process?

Because I have edited the Nero_Installer.cmd.

Now the Nero Burning ROM.lnk is in Nero instead of Nero/Nero 6 Burning ROM/ in the starting menu and it will not be deleted on uninstall.