Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB)

vcBlackBox

Can somebody, possible vcBlackBox, explain me how to do the following correctly?

Well, first to say that this is really great utility and thank you for making it!

Everything works as it should, but I am not really sure what to do... when I build my custom Nero

install I want to remove Nero ShowTime. By looking in the Nero_Installer.cmd I see that script

deletes many of file associations from registry (from HKCR and HKCR\NeroShowTime.FilesXXX).

Later, it uses XP_Filetype_Restore.reg to reset all XP default associations (to WMP10 or 9 or whatever, but

not 6.4).

I assume that everything so far I understood OK... so my question is what do I have to do/change

if I did not install WMP9 or 10. I have uninstalled WMP9 and now I wonder what kind of mess can

happen with file associations? :blink:

Thank you for the explanation!

Can somebody, possible vcBlackBox, explain me how to do the following correctly?

Well, first to say that this is really great utility and thank you for making it!

Everything works as it should, but I am not really sure what to do... when I build my custom Nero

install I want to remove Nero ShowTime. By looking in the Nero_Installer.cmd I see that script

deletes many of file associations from registry (from HKCR and HKCR\NeroShowTime.FilesXXX).

Later, it uses XP_Filetype_Restore.reg to reset all XP default associations (to WMP10 or 9 or whatever, but

not 6.4).

I assume that everything so far I understood OK... so my question is what do I have to do/change

if I did not install WMP9 or 10. I have uninstalled WMP9 and now I wonder what kind of mess can

Please, can anybody answer/say something about this? :(

Thx

not 6.4).

Thx

"something about this"

yw

not 6.4).

Thx

"something about this"

yw

:D

But you didn't answer it...

Seriously, does anybody knows something about this...please?

not 6.4).

if I did NOT install WMP9 or 10. I have uninstalled WMP9 and now I wonder what kind of mess can

happen with file associations?

Also what do I have to change in order to fix thing (if anything has to be fixed or changed)?

not 6.4).

if I did NOT install WMP9 or 10. I have uninstalled WMP9 and now I wonder what kind of mess can

happen with file associations?

Also what do I have to change in order to fix thing (if anything has to be fixed or changed)?

Why everybody ignores me for 15 days :huh:

Does anyone has a similar situation...anybody...any experince related to this? plz!?!

ur wrong :no:

check out post #256 of this thread... it's on Nov 17 2005.

I resubmitted question cause I felt ignored :P

...now I know that I'm not ignored, but nobody has a clue

what to answer me.... :lol:

Thanks for not ignoring :)

ur wrong :no:

check out post #256 of this thread... it's on Nov 17 2005.

I resubmitted question cause I felt ignored :P

...now I know that I'm not ignored, but nobody has a clue

what to answer me.... :lol:

Thanks for not ignoring :)

Thats right guys, Ive posted many topics here & the most cluey forumers here don't know whats wrong. just goes to show not every dude here knows everything. Don't expect VC to be available @ everybodies beck & call

try searchin & havin a go yourself & not just here Hey.

Never know dudes ya might find an answer.

• 1 month later...

Just want to say that is is an incredible program. Thanks to the developer of it. Does this person have a site for it? Is he/she still working on it? Just curious. I do have one little request in case he/she is listening I would like to be able to add/subtract shortcuts to the various apps on the desktop. That would be the icing on the cake.

This piece of software amazes me!!!

:thumbup