Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB)

vcBlackBox

@vcBlackBox: Could you please (add an option to) remove the nero dvd decoder and mpeg2 nero decoder? It is extremly annoying when playing DVDs in Media Player Classic (it uses Nero thingie... wich opens a new window... instead of using Cyberlinks decoder or ffdshow).

Edited by ZileXa

@ZileXa

I'll look into it, but I'm hesitant about removing certain features (even optionally) when the feature provides functionality for the entire suite.

Have you tried K-Lite's Codec Tweak Tool to disable NeroDigital parser and Nero MPEG video decoder? That might be an easier and better solution, since you can also re-enable it when u need to.

actually, I would never have noticed my mediaplayer is using Nero dvd codec for playback... if playback was ok..

the video is flashing alot... if I activate post processing however, playback is fine (but cpu is high..)

I don't think any functionality is lost if the codecs aren't registered as the default codec for dvd playback...

I've created my nero pack with version 2.02 I think... only selecting:

Nero, Nero Express, Nero Tools and Cover Designer.

To be able to transfer movies from my DV cam to pc I have Nero Vision Express also, but ONLY nero vision, no nero digital and non of the other extra programs in the vision express pack.

So i am not sure if it isn't a flaw in the app builder... that the dvd codecs should be removed if one doesn't select Nero Digital?

K-Lite's Codec Tweak Tool: that would mean after unattended install I would have to perform an action...

Another option (just thinking of it!) is to register/associate my cyberlink decoder AFTER nero is installed :)

EDIT: for now, I renamed NeVideo.ax to NeVideo.ax.bak, now Nero dvd decoder isn't used for dvd playback.

(automatically falls back on other installed codec... in my case cyberlink.)

I was just wondering if the codecs are really necessary if one doesn't use Nero Digital and other apps of the Vision pack.

Edited by ZileXa

You should try the latest NCAB v2.08. There's better optimization overall.

I would consider not being able to playback the files created in Nero Recode -- a loss of functionality, because NeVideo.DLL is not only responsible for MPEG-2 decoding but also MPEG-1,4 & AVC decoding.

Still generally speaking, plain Nero users may not find it necessary. I will have to balance out the pros and cons.

I have 5 videofiles, created once with Nero Recode. They all are in .mp4 container and play just fine here... (have Media player classic & ffdshow only.)

I am not sure with what version they were created.

They don't have a menu or subs though, but recode files with menu/subs can only be played in Nero Showtime (not sure). So if one only uses the 1st pack (or 1st and 2nd but removes Showtime with NCAB) he can't play these files (recode WITH menu/subs) anyway... is this correct?

I was looking at the file Nero_Installer.cmd, extracted from Nero_Custom_Setup.exe.

Trying to search the part where the files in DSfilter are registered. I located a few parts

:Transition and :DSFilter-ShowTime. If I would remove the items under these lines, is it correct the DSfilters won't be registered?

Edited by ZileXa

I have 5 videofiles, created once with Nero Recode. They all are in .mp4 container and play just fine here... (have Media player classic & ffdshow only.)

I am not sure with what version they were created.

I use the newer MPEG-4 AVC setting and I have a standard installation of K-Lite Mega Pack 1.37 + BSPlayer. When I use MP Classic, I get unplayable video like you, but I usually use BSPlayer or PowerDVD, and they play perfectly. However, if I remove NeVideo.ax or rename it, then none of the players are able to recognize it.

Anyways the point being, some users are able to play MPEG-2,4 files without having to use Nero's decoder because they have a capable alternative decoder installed while others may not. And since I'm making NCAB for a variety of users, it may not be wise to remove something that is inherently part of the Nero Suite. But I suppose if you know the consequences and you don't need it, removing Nero's decoder would reduce 596 KB from the installer.

By the way, the MPEG-4 AVC Standard profile offers 2x better compression than the regular MPEG-4 Standard, but at the expense of 6x longer encoding time. I'm sure that over time it will be improved, but for now a 3min MPEG-2 clip takes close to 20mins to complete (2pass, AVC-Standard, 5.1-ch HE-AAC 256kb on a P4 3.0GHz, 1GB RAM).

They don't have a menu or subs though, but recode files with menu/subs can only be played in Nero Showtime (not sure). So if one only uses the 1st pack (or 1st and 2nd but removes Showtime with NCAB) he can't play these files (recode WITH menu/subs) anyway... is this correct?

I think that is true. Though, Ahead is really pushing hard to make Nero Digital Certified mainstream, much like DivX was/is. So in the future we might find more feature support in other players.

I was looking at the file Nero_Installer.cmd, extracted from Nero_Custom_Setup.exe.

Trying to search the part where the files in DSfilter are registered. I located a few parts

:Transition and :DSFilter-ShowTime. If I would remove the items under these lines, is it correct the DSfilters won't be registered?

No, that's incorrect, and the opposite is true. There's no need to fiddle with the Cleanup section.

New version NCAB is available.

Version 2.10 2005-09-08

--------------------------------------

- Changed NCAB distribution method to self-extracting archive. This should help out those users with tweaked cmd starting directories and users with unconventional WinRAR install paths. And with this method, hopefully a simpler process for all users.

- Removed WinRAR requirement.

- Added an option to remove DOS BootImage file. (798 KB)

- Option to remove Nero Video Decoder. (596 KB)

- Removed NeroFilter check. (58 KB)

- Optimized code for English Language pack users. (65 KB)

- Changing Nero's installation directory is possible now.

- Other minor code changes.

vcBlackBox, as always thanxs for your work appreciate it.

Now,

Usualy i download NCAB_208.rar for example, extract it to NCAB folder, edit Nero_Installer.cmd with serial and enable a few tweaks then copy Nero-6.6.0.16.exe to the folder.

Before i run NCAB.exe i rar up the NCAB folder, then in future if i want to run ncab i just simply extract that rar and i already have ncab setup and ready to run.

That is kind of not possible now, it would be good to get a ncab rar of v10 in the old style distribution if you see what i mean.

Cheers

its a self extracting archive...i dont see how this is any harder for you

Because it extracts to set path and wont work if it`s not in that path, therefore what i explained i do is not possible now.

If you had understood my situation you would not of said that. But i`m not after a flaming war so forget it.

Edited by Neanderthal