Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB)

vcBlackBox

Version 2.07 2005-08-06

--------------------------------------

- Fix runtime installation error for Language Pack users who use both Nero+NVE.

- Added Menu Group cleanup for Enterprise Edition users.

- Changed logic routine for Lightscribe help file.

@eben - pack 1,2 & wmaplugin

did you get the .exe files in redist folder? I know those can be set to 0kb and not harm anything because nero will try to extract them and since they arent archives or self-extractors anymore, it cant do anything with them...50comupd and shfolder.

Thank you for fixing the language error.

I added the ability to first check if NeroDigitalPro exists, and if so treat that as NVE, and if it doesnt, then continue using NVE...maybe you could add it also...they are roughly the same, but nerodigitalpro adds some things (check out www.nerodigital.com ). I could send the bat file to you...the only thing I changed was checking if NDP exists and doing the same thing that is done to NVE.

Edited by evilvoice

Version 2.08 2005-08-07

--------------------------------------

- Removed two Redist setup files. (Save 510 KB)

I've removed support for Language Pack 2 because it never actually installed. Testing shows that although it was proceeding through the normal installation process, no new files were being copied. I believe there's a bug with Nero's installer -- setup.exe, because it when it tries to run a second instance of itself within the confine of the original process it borks. I'm surprise no one mention this earlier. I guess you folks aren't really using the Language Packs. :zzz:

I want to thank evilvoice for testing and bringing this to my attention.

- Added support for NeroDigitalPro package.

Although as far as I can tell, there really isn't any difference between this and NVE. Just using different sn, I think. But I added it anyway per request.

Very smooth.

In your next version, can you please remove NeroCheck.exe which gets written to the system32 dir? :hello: It puts itself in the Startup folder and it's very annoying, I always delete it.

Edited by Jeremy

hello, this is my first post,i have read this topic and thought how it would be great to know what does each nero dll files does exactly, for egzample,have have seen somewhere in this forum, where all windows installation\i386 dll files are expalined.

Frame.

actually vcBlackBox, and this is just for your info...but if you "copy" the language files to it respective nero folder, nero will install it just the same...I actually never used the setup.exe for any of the language packs (well, until your builder)...

Hello vcBlackBox,

I'm very interesting in your way. However, I'm a Japanese who use Japanese-OS. So, it is not the best one for me, as you may understand.  On the other hand, I found the old way what muiz said did not work for 6.6.0.12.  (It works until 6.6.0.8 on JP OS).  :blushing:

I know your NCAB does not work on any OS except English.  I tried to install multi-lang NERO. Then, NERO English version works on my OS well.

I uninstalled Eng NERO. I changed the Nero_Installer.cmd, "nres_eng" to "nres_jpn" and re-installed Nero6_Custom.exe. But still only Eng NERO appeares on my PC.

Do you know why does the NCAB work only on ENG OS?  I want to change the language from ENG to JPN.  :}

I'm a Chinese, use Winxp Chinese Editon. NCAB work well on my Windows xp (Chinese) !

Nero_Custom_Setup.exe with Nero Burning ROM 6.6.0.16 and Chinese language is 20Mb

NCAB is very well, I like the kit.

OS

Very smooth.

In your next version, can you please remove NeroCheck.exe which gets written to the system32 dir?  :hello: It puts itself in the Startup folder and it's very annoying, I always delete it.

suggestion noted, but I'll need to find out the exact details of what this NeroCheck.exe program is used for so that other users will have an idea of the potential issues that may arise from removing it. I kinda know what it does already, but I'll do further testing.

hello, this is my first post,i have read this topic and thought how it would be great to know what does each nero dll files does exactly, for egzample,have have seen somewhere in this forum, where all windows installation\i386 dll files are expalined.

Frame.

I use this method to get a cursory view of what a DLL is. It won't explain everything, but you can get an idea, if the programmer coded it right.

post-31801-1123525589_thumb.png

actually vcBlackBox, and this is just for your info...but if you "copy" the language files to it respective nero folder, nero will install it just the same...I actually never used the setup.exe for any of the language packs (well, until your builder)...

I know, but I don't want to introduce more code to determine which applications were kept and which apps removed, then move their respective language files to their respective destination directory. Too many conditions, more spaghetti code anyone ???

If only the language pack "setup.exe" worked correctly like Nero and NVE installer "setupx.exe" does. Running the Lang Pack 2(NVE) setup as a separate process from the orginal startx /wait Nero_Installer.cmd it would be okay, but right now I'm kinda more interested in keeping everything as a ALL-IN-ONE script.

Thanks everyone for your appreciation, you make continueing this project worthwhile.

I believe Nerocheck.exe checks some filters in the registry.

If those filters aren't there or damaged Windows isn't able to show or access your CD/DVD-drives.

Nerocheck reports those damaged or missing filters and repairs them and then offers you to restart your computer.

So Windows can access those drives again.

i think you missed what I was saying...basically the only thing you would need to do is not copy setup.exe/setup.cfg from the lang files...you already have the code to remove the language files when removing the app...and since nero will copy the lang file anyways (at least for english it does) then there is no reason to run the setup.exe for each language pack

set /p choice=Do you want to remove CoverDesigner (y/n)?
if not '%choice%'=='' set choice=%choice:~0,1%
if '%choice%'=='y' goto Yes
if '%choice%'=='n' goto No
:Yes
if exist vcNero86 (
copy nul "%TMP%\Ahead\CoverDesigner\NeroCoverDesigner_%lang%.chm" >nul
copy nul "%TMP%\Ahead\CoverDesigner\covered-%lang%.nls" >nul
)

@evilvoice

That's only true for english. Try a different language pack and then you know that it does not automatically copy itself over. Don't forget they also contain the *.nls, which English users don't have.

Edit: evilvoice, you've just giving me a tip on how to reduce the English lang pack by 134 KB.

Thanks bucketbuster.

Edited by vcBlackBox

Frame.

I use this method to get a cursory view of what a DLL is. It won't explain everything, but you can get an idea, if the programmer coded it right.

post-31801-1123525589_thumb.png

so, let me get this straight, if I remove the folder>common files, it wont afect the burning, right?as i have seen those files in that folder contains audio and video encoding, right?but i don't really know what does files in the lib directory, should i remove them or leave?tnx