Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB)

vcBlackBox

It's very probable that the .exe file has some fingerprints the virus also has, making Kaspersky alert the user that it has found something although the file is absolutely harmless.

I just thought I let you know. Safety first! :)

It's very probable that the .exe file has some fingerprints the virus also has, making Kaspersky alert the user that it has found something although the file is absolutely harmless.

I just thought I let you know. Safety first! :)

Thanks for telling me. I want to assure everyone, there's no virus. I packed my exe in UPX and some anti-virus software are not sophisticated enough to make the distinction.

I've now uploaded a new version for 6.6.0.13 and I'm no longer using UPX compression on NCAB.exe so no more false-positives.

Whatsnew:

• Removed German and Japanese help files.

• Added a couple more Autoplay references that I missed.

• Rearranged script internally to further maximize space savings.

This only affects those who keep several Nero applications.

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded the latest version of NCAB. After following

instructions I click on NCAB.exe and it just flashes a command

window, doesn't give me any options to configure Nero. Am I

doing something wrong?

I just downloaded the latest version of NCAB. After following

instructions I click on NCAB.exe and it just flashes a command

window, doesn't give me any options to configure Nero. Am I

doing something wrong?

What version of 7-zip do you have installed? If it is the latest (4.20) this maybe what is causing your problem. There is a known issue with the latest version of 7-zip and vcBlackBox is working on updates currently. Stay tuned.

NEW version 2.00:

NCAB and Nero+NVE Builder have now merged into one program. From now on, it will be known simply as NCAB.

Support for Nero Language Packs.

Instructions for Windows XP/2003 localized versions.

Standalone 7-Zip included. (Endusers no longer required to have 7-Zip installed to use NCAB.)

for Nero-6.6.0.14.exe - Recognizes/Removes 4 new CoverDesigner templates.

for NVE-3.1.0.11.exe - Recognizes and remove 6 new French help files.

Enjoy :thumbup

having problems with NCAB (Nero Custom Applications Builder) v2.00

ive edited for the serials and ive placed

Nero-6.6.0.14.exe

NVE-3.1.0.11.exe

with the rest of the instal files

i didnt remove any components because i wanted to test it all natural to see what the installer would be like in its full state

and the problem is i dont think its viewing the NVE-3.1.0.11.exe file but then im not sure, ive said no to all the installer questions and it created the installer file and the size came out to be 37.8 mb

now have i done some thing wrong because that file size seems a bit small for both Nero-6.6.0.14.exe

NVE-3.1.0.11.exe

to be together ?

@lost soul

have you tried to installed it yet?

otherwise i don't see any problem with that size. I got 37.8 MB too.

It just so happens that a lot of the files from Nero Package 1 and Nero Package 2 are duplicated. Inaddition, my builder will further reduce the size by creating dummy files for all the help files, NVE Win98 files, and a few of the redist files. Add to that, 7-zip ultra compression is better than Nero's WinRAR. Therefore 37.8 MB is what you should get. Nero is just way too bloated. :wacko:

thanks vcBlackBox ill be running a test after work today when i get home to my pc,, ill post back the result, its just i was pretty shocked with the size of the final installer, but other then that your installer for creation has goten much better and user friendly then when you first started your project nice work m8,,