Floppy Drive Driver Problem!

ChunkDog

Heres my problem. I have a SFF shuttle, and I recently installed a new hard drive, but to do that I had to remove the floppy drive from the system. Now after installing the new hard drive, and going into the CMOS settings to turn off the floppy drive controller, Windows 98 still says that there is a floppy drive installed in the system, and when clicking on it, My Computer freezes, and also Windows Explorer freezes when the floppy drive is selected.

After trying to trouble shoot this, I now have an A: drive and B: drive, but both do not exist physically in the system, and clicking on them will freeze Windows explorer and My Computer.

I have tried going into safe mode and removing the floppy drive controller driver, but for some reson this does not work. Any Ideas?

I figured it out. What happened was that I overlooked one setting in the CMOS. The setting was in the Standard Configuration, under Drive A installed, and it was set to 1.44mb 3"and 1/4" Floppy. I just set it to None and the problem was solved.