Hi and Suggestion

kikithepasha

Hello All

I like just to say hello to all members :)

First of all XPlode is a really nice application/rutine to install software

I've try it several times (but i'm still not able to run it!)

Nervermind hopefully one day it will work

Well it is not so easy to run it! There are a lot of things to respect e.g. on which stage T-12;T-9.., the silent switches for the software etc.

It is a pity that Wraith is so angry about some ppl's so he canceled the download of XPlode4.1

@Wraith --> don't be so angry at those peoples, you disappoint with that hard reaction also the other guy's which are really polite

See @ me i'm also a NewBie my XPlode Don't work while the installation

it works if i start it in Windows

But i don't want upset somebody, so i don't ask for help!

My Suggestion:

You guys should make a detail How to use XPlode with a really good explanation step by step for every stage and where, how, what to do and so on

Make this as a main topic!

THXs for reading

and Sorry for that long topic ;)

Best regards

Kiki

Hi Nanaki,

What Basics do you mean, how do you known what i know?! ;)

As i said my XML file works if i execute it in Windows!

I asume my problem lies in the implementation to the unattend installation CD

And i use an old version of XPlode 1.X

Some people maybe don't read the EULA carefully other comments :P

And as i said i don't want to bugg anybody at this moment, because i see that many of you are stressed up!

Best regards

Kiki

My Suggestion:

You guys should make a detail How to use XPlode with a really good explanation step by step for every stage and where, how, what to do and so on

Make this as a main topic!

Sorry, but XPlode was not intended for people who have no knowledge on how to run things during Windows Setup. Once you've become proficient in using CMDLINES.TXT, SVCPACK.INF, UserExecute and/or RunOnceEx, then I'd suggest checking XPlode out.

If you don't try them, at least do some reading first.

And the documentation provided with X4 describes simple methods to hook it into the above methods.

Hey there,

When I first got onto this forum and found out about even being able to make a UA CD, I was amazed. I was a bit headstrong and tried to get XPlode working, but I had no clue what I was doing.

For the first part, without the screenshots and images regarding $OEM$ folders, I would probably still have no clue what was going on there. After a bit of time learning about the built-in methods of UA installs, I finally got really comfortable with RunOnceEx. Example code and screenshots definately helped there as well.

I'm hoping that when X5 is released, I'll be able to figure out how that works and I'll be able to start using it to finish off my UA CDs.

For the time being, I'll sit and wait patiently.

Cheers!

Oh my......

Don't think its too complex! You might as well join the party.

You know basic html ain't it? That is all you really need to know, for starters. A set of tags, and these are opened and closed, and each set is nested inside an <item> tag. Power with simplicity...

No, I don't think that it's too complex. I've probably learned more regarding computers in general in the past 8 months or so, since I found MSFN, than everything I knew before.

I've also become a lot more comfortable with writing code, either for scripts like RunOnceEx commands, or any C/C++ programs that I've needed for my classes.

I've also started writing up a webpage for myself in HTML. When it's finished, I'll put the link in my sig. So no, I'm not worried, just hoping that the knowledge will fall into place.

One thing that I'm wondering about...

Is there any advantage to using XPlode over RunOnceEx other than the GUI? Since I'm usually not sitting at my computer when the UA-CD is running, I don't really care that much as to what the progress of installing programs/hotfixes is. Just a (XPlode) n00b asking a simple question.

One thing that I'm wondering about...

Is there any advantage to using XPlode over RunOnceEx other than the GUI?

Valid question, and wraith has worked hard to make it be better than just for UI alone. I can't really say what all is there, but off the top of my head, these:

- the XML is quick and easy to update, and can be validated (to check for errors) by opening in MS Word 2003 or something....

- user-selectable items and still automatic progression (if you want it)

- the plug-in nature means that new plugins adding new functionality would be somewhat simple (provided someone was willing to do it)

- file-operations and other things get a faster moving (maybe its just my imagination that XPlode copies files faster than .BAT scripts, but who knows.....)

- the functions of tokens, and delayed execution, and so on....

The sky's the limit if you take just 10 minutes to have a look at the example XML files that come with XPlode 4 - just take a look, and soon enough you'll be brimming with ideas, that are positively not do-able thru any other method. I've been happy with XPlode (and its predecessor XPinstall) and its power, since a year, and that's really saying something, I guess. (maybe since I'm not easily satisfied....)

But then, I am on XPlode 1.00 still! So its certain lots more things have come in with recent versions.

HI All,

nice that my entry caused an also nice and good conversation :)

I like polite conversations! Good guys.

About me: i'm working hard and long all day in my company! Also it is difficult to find time for everything if you have a family. And i'm too old

for beeing accaused "Hey nOOB just read topic xyz" or "Hey Wraith just delet all screenies and the RoKiEs want ask anymore"

I think if some ask something, someone has to be polite enough to explain how thinks work! You must understand not all useres are the same or on a same level!

Someone is mybe absolutly good in Hardware others in Software etc.

listen carefully guys "EVERYBODY IS BEGINNER, DEPENDS ON WHAT HE DO!"

So thanks for listen

and if i've some questions i hope some can and will me! I'll also try my best to help!

Best regards

Kiki