First Timer: Running Questions

Hi, how are you guys

I ran across this forum a month or so ago and found it wonderful, the activity and knowledge here is amazing :)

I had no idea there was such a thing as the unattended, found it a little overwhelming at first, but i said ill try it, cant hurt, and it'll make formatting a hell of a lot easier/faster.

I'll be posting here when i run into a roadblock or when i just have a question b4 doing something, so far, i've been following the step-by-step found here: http://unattended.msfn.org

Im still at the begginer section, installing the hotfixes using nLite.

Question 1: I installed the critical hot fixes found in this thread using nLite, but was not able to install this one:

KB873374 -› Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool

Download -› 216 KB (September 21, 2004)

Switches: KB873374.exe /Q:A /R:N (HALT BOX)

how do i install that hotfix? Can it be installed using the svpack.inf method? If so, is it ok to install some hotfixes using nLite and some using the svpack.inf method? In the svpack.inf do i have to put the (HALT BOX) in the switch too? or just the /Q:A /R:N?

Question 2: In the thread where it lists all the hotfixes, it says "WITH Windows Media Player 10 & MSN Messenger 7 installed". What does that mean? These can only be installed when Media Player 10 and Messenger 7 are installed?

Thats all the questions I have right now, thank you.

Question 1: There is a registry-entry which makes windows believe the update is installed.

Question 2: The updates are only for computers that have WMP10 and Messenger7 installed.

So they don't cover updates for older versions anymore e.g. WMP9 or Messenger6.

I used nLite to install the hotfixes, not using the svpack.inf, so how will that affect the install/hotfixes? Can i still use svpack.inf to include the media player 10 and msn7 even after ive installed the patches using nLite?

Also, where to get msn7 silent install?