Help me with New Computer

2forza

I want to buy a new computer, the problem is which one shall I choose?

There a loads of choices... I just cant choose, maybe one of you can help me out.

- AMD64 athlon 3500+ venice core

with...

1) Motherbord with nForce 4

-Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

-MSI K8N Diamond

-DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR

or you name it...

- 2) GeForce 6800gt, which brand is good? XFX, leadtek? you name one you like.

I was thinking to buy as primary hd: WD Raptor 10K 74gb for my Windows partition.

And as secondary...

- 3) Harddisk? Which brand are good? Maxtor, Hitachi or WD?

- 4) RAM...I was thinking to buy Corsair Twinx XL cas 2.0 2x512=1gb 3200

or is it better if I go for the cheap rams? Because its way cheaper...

Please do not flame :whistle:

thanks!

oh ye ps:

I want a good silent CPU cooler...something copper material, heard that copper are the best.

first of all wrong section, should be in hardware

and what is venice? is it a manufacturer of the processor cus ive never heard of them, get a winchester

this card, and get it at that store

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=322716

this is a pretty good hdd, cus of SATAII

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=101559

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=101222

thats good ram

and for the mobo, get either the msi or the lanparty, whatever u can find cheaper, they are vry good boards, the asus is a pretty good one but not as good as the other 2, but if u are going to do watercooling the use the asus b/c the other 2 boards dont have enough space to do watercooling, which it doesnt rly sound like ur going to do

so get a zalman 7000 for ur heatsink

I guess I'll get the MSI :P

About the CPU cooler,

I ve read that Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCU is better than the copper version...

(DOH!) it makes no sense... thought that copper were the best.

Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCU is from copper plus aluminium material, they say its lighter, cheaper, and better for the cpu cooling.

Image of AlCU version

http://www.new-generation.nl/media/zalman_...0alcu_klein.JPG

Image of Copper

http://www.new-generation.nl/media/cnps7000cu_klein.JPG

The review of AlCU version:

http://www.lostcircuits.com/advice/zalman_...000alcu/4.shtml

qoute of review

One thing we would expect is that the -AlCu is more sensitive to transient spikes than the -Cu

the AlCu bimetal design is better than the all copper version

pure copper version weighs 50% more

copper will oxidize over time

Is that true?

I don't think it would help you if everyone would tell his opinion. No one knows how far you want to go with OC, how much money you want to spend, what multimedia-extra's mean to you. No one can know that, EXCEPT you yourself! I think you should gather information yourself at places like tomshardware.com , anandtech.com , that kind of sites.

After you got all the information you need; testresults, conclusions, everything, you should choose the parts one by one.

This way you can squeeze the most preformance out of your money :P

thats gotta be wrong, i just googled it and came up with multiple sites saying that the cu was better than the alcu b/c it has a lower specific heat (how long it takes to heat up and cool down) , but also that the alcu was only rly made to be lighter so that it wouldnt put too much stress on the mobo

Well im a big fan of DFI, and I really do not get why people consider DFI as unstable boards. They are completely opposite.

When running at stock I have never ever had a problem with any DFI boards I have set up, and thats 3. The Ultra II, my 250BG UT and the Pro875b. Overclocking wise they can be niggly but thats because they offer more tweaking options etc. They are also renound best overclockers but for people not overclocking they are just as good.

The lanparty series are aimed at a big target audience, lan goers, overclockers and case modders.

I wouldnt touch MSI with a barge pole after seeing some reports of very bad customer service.

As for graphis card, Leadtek have really made some quality cards. they probably made the best 6800GT due to the double slot cooler but also XFX has made some good cards and I know the 6800GT agp was clocked to 375 deafault (350 for sandard GT).

Not sure if this applies to PCI-E but most GTs do ultra speeds.

IMO for motherboards its between the Asus and DFI :)

Ram wise, I would go cheap if your not overclocking or only overclocking a little (i.e usind a divider to run ra at 200mhz (400ddr)). Since buying my OCZ rev'2s at stock I really dont see the benifit a great deal of the tigher memory timings in real life. Yeah I can when I benchmark and see the memory bandwidth it produces.

I know OCZ and Geil do some good Value ram, think the ocz is value VX and these are good buys it seems :)

ACu, isnt as an effective conductor as Cu but this allows it to cool down quicker which is why you have the combination, but in reality the heat disipation of the copper isnt going to get maxed out by the CPU so the ACu doesnt really offer much benifit. Thats why the CU performs better.

I have a CU version Zalman GPU cooler and its better than the ACu hybrid.

I have a CU version Zalman GPU cooler and its better than the ACu hybrid.

Thanks for your reply!

I have the feeling that the zalman CU version is gonna break or bend my (future) motherboards... 0.9KG is heavy :/

:blushing:

site:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/Sections+ind...-artid-209.html

picture:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/files/images...estplatform.jpg

About the DFI motherboards

DFI is bringing with very nice accessoires: roundcables and the jumper tool eg.

About the ASUS and MSI, Got problem with the fans

(MSI videocard gf4mx440;ASUS motherboard VIA KT133) the stopped spinning...he he.

Im now thinking to get:

AMD3500+ (dont know where to get venice core, so it ll be hard to search for it)

Zalman 7000 CU

LANParty UT nF4 Ultra-D motherboard

Leadtek GeForce 4 GT (GFX card with cu heatsink)

corsair Twinx XL (2x512) 1gb 2-2-2-5 or OCZ ?

Seagate

WD Raptor make lot noise?

As long as you have all the possible motherboard standoffs installed then the motherboard will have good support and the heatsink wont damage anything. Unfortunatly my 201 case uses non-generic standoffs and Ive lost some which came with the case. So my motherboard only has support from about 5 stand offs and I have a arcticfreezer 64 cooler which isnt that heavy and also the GT has a Zalman GPU cooler which weighs quite abit too, and I have had no problems.

The coolermaster Hyper6 is heavier than the CU Zalman and Ive seen loads of people use that. Either ram will do fine I suspect, if you mean OCZ Rev2's they also run 2-2-2-5 at stock settings - so what ever is cheaper.

WD raptors do make quite abit of noise, It doesnt seem to bother me now but when I first got one I could really hear it. However raptors in array 0 certainly add performance to the system.

Now Samsung (I think its the spinpoint models) are very good sata drives if your looking for queit operation.

What PSU are you planning to get, it has to be ATX 2.2 format.

Well it doesnt have to be but its certainly recomended.

Hi, sorry for late response, was ver busy :yes:

OCZ 1024MB PC3200@222 EL Rev.2 Platinum Series Dual Channel

€ 268,00 euros or ~ 170 eng pounds

hmmm imo doesnt seems to be cheap tho :w00t: (pimpimg mem modules)

Is it really worth to buy it? I mean it cost even more that a midrange videocard :/

and that scares me.

I would like spend my computer around 1300 euros (1500 is really the max.)

(820 pounds, 940 pounds max)

I dont have a lot of expierence with overclocking, but I have a urge to buy (latest)fast hardwares.

I want a fast computer at stock speed, I was thinking like this one below

*Athlon64 3500+

*Zalman 7000 CU version

*GF 6800GT (maybe Leadtek)

*1 GB RAM (maybe: 2-2-2-5 ? -> OCZ modules)

*DFI NF4 Ultra-D (using: onboard sound, yeah I know the cpu load, but this is cheaper way)

*DVD Burner (maybe NEC3520)

*HDD ~ 160 gb space or more (need adive :))

*Any advice for ATX case :P ? I was thinking of Cooler Master Praetorian (PAC-T01) I dont like the flashy LEDs.

*Powersuply 480W enough?

*Cheap CRT monitor 19inch (than in the future for tft's)

And thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it.

That ll cost less work to watch loads of benchmarks and stuff