combining AVIs

rendrag

Hi all,

i have some avis of home movies on my computer. Before i had a DVD burner, I made them into a bunch of 650-700MB files to fit on a CD... now that i have a DVD burner (and time to deal with it) I'd like to combine them and make DVDs...

I used a avi combiner program (can't remember the name) that just combines the 2 or more avi files and makes 1. Well, i figured 700x2 would be about 1.5GB... not so. after combining, the file size is 4GB!! :blink:

Anyone know of any programs (commercial or free) that can combine avis without spiking the file size?

Thanks

personally i use "virtualdub mod" its an enhanced version of vdub that also works with mpeg2 and ac3 sound - if you have the right filters installed.

your "Combiner program" propably didnt just combine your two avi files but also recode them to mpeg2, so that the resulting DVD can be played in every stand alone DVD-Player. thats why the file size became 4GB

keep in mind, that if you just combine two avi files and burn the resulting file to DVD, you will only be able to play them back on a PC or a standalone player that can play XVID/DIVX files.

your "Combiner program" propably didnt just combine your two avi files but also recode them to mpeg2

either that or it is a full-frame uncompressed avi which is easy enough to change into compressed avi or mpeg (probably a bit faster too).