where to specify CD Key type?

I did my unattend installation but when it come to the part where it validate the key, it pop up the screen and ask for my key. I enter my win xp pro cd key but it wouldnt take it. I read it carefully and it asking for a volume licensed key. I guess it want the coporate key instead of the pro version key. Where can i set it to look for pro key? thanks.

Different versions need different cd keys. XP Home needs a Home key, Pro needs a Pro key, Corp needs a Corp key, MCE needs a MCE key, etc. So if you have a corporate version of Windows, it should've come with a corporate key aswell.

As everyone else has said you need the correct cd to go with your cd-key.

But i dont think you have grasped the fact there is three sub-versions the two main versions of XP, Home and Pro. The three subversions are Retail, OEM and Volume(corp). These three subversions require seperate keys alone.

Eg You could have a copy of Home and a Home Cd-key, the cd is a retail cd, and the key is an VOL key, that kind of combonation will not work. This is what i think Allanol and Tsunami was trying to tell you.

EDIT: This may be of some help but bare in mind it, altering the setupp.ini violates the EULA

Edited by johnmallan

what about modifies files to make unattended install? still the same way for all types cuz i'm trying to get the boot screen to work for couple of days now.

Unattened install is the same way. You need the correct key for the type

of disk ie retail, oem or vlk. None of the files used for unattended will

change this.

But i dont think you have grasped the fact there is three sub-versions the two main versions of XP, Home and Pro. The three subversions are Retail, OEM and Volume(corp).

Don't forget within these there are also full version and upgrade....

@gotnho, johnmallan gave you the answer in his link. That is the only thing that will help you. That or purchasing a copy.