Makin a unattended install cd....

Kelzy

I was wandering how i make an unattened windows 98se install cd with IE6 sp1 in it and various other proggrams .... i am new at this so be gentle with me (and PLEASE PLEASE use laymans terms if you can for me LOL) i wanna put other programs on the cd such as winzip,winrar, burning apps

I am trying to do this as well.

It really depends on how far you want to go with it. I am doing some batch scripts (they automate things for you) so I can put in to the Unattend cd so that when the computer is shut down it does scandisk and defrag etc...

Back on topic... On your Win98 cd you have some tools that do not get installed with 98.

The one you need to do this is D:\tools\reskit\batch\batch.exe

Or to install Batch 98 (same thing) so that you don't need to get your cd out every time you want to use it.

D:\tools\reskit\batch\setup.exe

Any way you are best off going to http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t35589.html

and most of your questons will be answered there.

One suggestion though, Dont try to get it all done in the first go, Just do one bit at a time, so that if there is a problem, you know where to go to solve the problem.

Preptool transforms Windows 98 into a “hardware independent” image.  When the target PC is started, the final stage of Windows 98 Setup is run again—detecting, enumerating, and configuring hardware. This is called “Windows 98 Image Preparation Setup.

The Image Preparation tool is designed to preserve most software applications’ settings correctly, with the exception of hardware-specific applications, such that they will function after imaging

Available in this package : http://download.microsoft.com/download/win.../WIN_DEPLOY.exe

Batch 98 and Inf Install are here if you don't have them :

ftp://anonymous:email%40notset.com@ftp.mi...PS/Win98/Reskit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

im not sure, but,

The "cd sample folder is huge! it must have been used to fill up the disk space,

you can delete this folder without problems, but im not sure about the others, still, taking out the cd sample folder reduces the size of the cd to 390mb (approx)

Steve