Easy way to test for Desktop location?

midiboy

Benjamin (or others),

I just used your latest version 2.1.18 for my new installation and since moving the Desktop to another location works correctly now I tried it and told Wihu to move the shell folder "Windows Desktop" to D:\Alexander\Desktop.

Worked perfectly.

However, I now have a problem with some of my unattended installations. Some installers add a Desktop icon to the User Desktop. In my installation script for those apps I usually have a line like this:

del "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\DScaler.lnk"
that gets rid of the Desktop icon. Obviously, if the desktop is not at the the default location, the script fails and Wihu then shows an error message:
DScaler Wurde mit Code 1 beendet. Kann auf einen Fehler hinweisen. Status Wait

Now, I know that there is a place in the registry where I can check for the location of the desktop. But the user Wihu uses to install the software is not logged on so a reg query will probably not get me the correct location of the desktop.

Is there an (easy) way to check where the Desktop for the user that is installing the software is if the location was changed in Wihu ?

Note that I am using cmd files to install the software and I am calling those cmd files from within Wihu ....

I hope someone can help !

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Benjamin,

thanks, did not know about this variable ... but ... this variable is only available from within Wihu, right ?

That probably won´t help me much if I am simply calling an external cmd file from Wihu where all the software installation commands are.

Or do you know a way to "transfer" a variable from Wihu into a cmd file ?

Thanks,

Alex