XP Sound Schemes

Sarge

ok looking for some better schemes to include in my UA. But cant seem to find sites that like have packs to download or any rather (through google)

I remember ages ago having like starcraft and duke nukem schemes on 98, but cant find that sort of stuff again.

anyone help, or do i have to get full theme packs or m$ plus?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
@alittlecrazy Where can i get Robotz, without having to install the Extras? If there is a place let me know, thx.

You can get the individual files from that link I posted ---- CD ROM Extras.... ---- :rolleyes:

About halfway down that page you should see the sound schemes (under "Multimedia") Robotz.exe is there.

btw: after you put the .exe file in a empty folder (doesn't matter where), double-click it and a ms-dos window will open and give instructions. :)

Edited by alittlecrazy

• 3 weeks later...

Robotz was exactly what I wanted, so I went to the site and downloaded it. But as usual, I acted before I read all the instructions. It just dumped all the wav files in my Programs folder. In what folder should I put them to use them? Everything in its place. Thank you. :)

Tonnelier

• 1 month later...

Tonnelier

Its been awhile since I looked at this thread. Did you ever get it figured out? You should be able to just right-click on the "Robotz.inf" (Setup Information) file and hit "install" and the .wav files should go to your "%SystemRoot%\Media" folder (i.e. "C:\Windows\Media") and then would be accessible in your "Control Panel" - "Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices" to change the sound scheme.

You could then just delete all the files that were extracted into your Programs folder, including the .wav files, Setup Information (Robotz.inf) and the Readme. Shouldn't be a problem.

(You could always just extract the files again in an empty folder to see exactly what was there)

Edited by alittlecrazy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...