Is my monitor on the way out?

jotho

Hello all...

Something recently began to occur with regularity regarding my year-old monitor. During bootup the Windows screen and all bootup text shows up fine on screen, but when bootup is complete the screen picture is all diagonally askew and will stay that way indefinitely. If I just click the monitor off and on again...the problem disappears and the screen is fine till next bootup. Does anyone have any ideas how to eliminate this annoyance?

For the record, I am pretty unknowledgable about PC equipment, so please, if possible, try not to be too technical if you can help it, thanks.

I have win98se and a KDS 17" monitor...don't know if you need more info than this.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

jotho

This is just a stab in the dark, but if there are any other electric motors or large magnets (speakers) near the monitor, you should move them.

More likely though, the monitor is messed up from a hardware perspective. Never, ever try to repair a monitor yourself--it is dangerous for a beginner.

SAMSUNG RULEZ for the price, and they have 3 years (on-site) warranty too! :D Don´t think I´ll buy other screens then TFTs from Samsung for my cybercafé ;).

They are the ONLY one who guarantees their LCD monitors against dead pixels.

My old syncmaster has been throw 15 feet across the room, against a wall and is almost 6 years old and still works like a champ.

http://www.xperties.net/gallery/main.php/v...%20005.jpg.html