Color Laser Printers

svasutin

Hello folks,

I'm in the market for a color laser printer, so I thought I'd ask the smartest group I know.

Anyway, I'm looking for a color laser printer with 11x17 capabilities and full duplex printing. I would prefer to stay away from HP, but I am willing to take them under consideration.

I suppose I'm also willing to look at ink jets, but some months I need to print 3000+ pages.

Thank you.

The Samsung CLP-500 would be nice;

It supports legal size 11x17" and full duplex printing. Toner is not to expensive, just a bit more then HP. Images are sharp, I was even surprised when I saw the first picture that came out of the Samsung Color Laser printer.

Only bad thing is that it does not detect the paper type automatically; if you use thick paper you have to set it manual first.

Other then that, it’s the best printer for its price :thumbup

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/printer...=Specifications

EDIT: ps. Also Lexmark makes nice Laser printers, little bit faster then the Samsung...

Legal is 8.5 x 14"

One of the most amazing printers I've seen are the Xerox Phaser printers that use wax instead of toner. They're more expensive up front but you pay far less for consumables. There are 4 wax colors and one other consumable. Traditional lasers have an imaging drum, fuser, transfer belt, and the four CMYK colors. The smooth color reproduction of the wax based printers is far better than a traditional laser of comparable price.

Legal is 8.5 x 14" Shoot, your right (I think I keep it with the metric system ;) ). With the manual input feeder you can print 8.5x17”

For the ones that don´t know any thing about the wax printers, look here:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/dlc/boo...apter2/l5.shtml

I think you can´t compare wax printers with toner printers, for example I would not print a book with it (with all my respect to raskren (I like that you came up with it ;) ))

What price range are we talking about any way? I think those wax printers are way more expensive to buy?

EDIT: Info on color laser printers too ;)

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/dlc/boo...apter2/l3.shtml

EDIT: Links are not working at this moment... :no:

My budget is what ever it takes to get the job done. I suppose less than 6k USD, but for that price I want it to last a minimum of 5 years and 2 OS's.

Added Features are always a good thing, but 11x17 is a must.

Legal is 8.5 x 14"

One of the most amazing printers I've seen are the Xerox Phaser printers that use wax instead of toner.  They're more expensive up front but you pay far less for consumables.  There are 4 wax colors and one other consumable.  Traditional lasers have an imaging drum, fuser, transfer belt, and the four CMYK colors.  The smooth color reproduction of the wax based printers is far better than a traditional laser of comparable price.

And WOW, what a picture these print.

I think you really should look at the HP line of printers too. HP makes some of the best printers on the market. I'm a big Minolta fan. Their copiers and printers are top notch. They just bought out Konica.

Wow, Now that's a printer.

While I can spend up to 6k, I feel no desire to spend all my money. I never buy the fastest processors and video cards, usually I'm a few steps behind.

I've been looking at a new printer for a few months and am attempting to get a cost vs value on printers. I suppose I should mention, I have an 'old' pc (Athlon 1500+/512 MB/Win 2k) that I use for print sharing. A 30 second delay isn't too bad, as that is how long it takes me to get up and walk over to the printer. Also, most of software already has n-up page capabilites.

Typically I don't print, but when I do, it is 100+ pages. I have gone several months w/o printing at times, and even damaged an ink jet from lack of use (dried out).

The main things are full duplex, 11x17 (Tabloid), and color. Does anyone think it would be better to get a b/w (11x17 or 8.5x11) laser and a color 11x17 inkjet?

Thank you,

A 11x17 monochrome laser printer still will cost you a lot, but I think you don’t print enough, just 100 pages at the time, I was thinking you are printing like 5000 pages a month :huh: .

If you look for an Inkjet, I would go for Epson. They have printers with waterproof ink and its good enough for you when you only print a few hundreds of pager a month ;).