windows ME sp?

No, not true.

ME is very good... and yes the 98se fans don't want to move out - so WinME has very few users.

Its basically because.... win98se users should have moved on to winme, but they got stopped by the win2k prospect. Then, when finally they bought new PCs able to support win2k, WinXP was out. So WinME got bypassed completely.

No, not true.

ME is very good...  and yes the 98se fans don't want to move out - so WinME has very few users.

Its basically because....  win98se users should have moved on to winme, but they got stopped by the win2k prospect. Then, when finally they bought new PCs able to support win2k, WinXP was out. So WinME got bypassed completely.

I totally agree with prathapml on this one. I have WinME pre-installed on my Hewlett-Packard Pavilion machine and it runs good. Though you need to install some updates AND some hotfixes that can be requested from Microsoft tech support to make WinME work right.

WinME is basically Win98 TE (win98 third edition) and was designed for consumers & home users. ALL 9x versions of Windows were best suited for consumers/home users.

WinNT, Win2000 on the other hand were designed for business & corporate users; Business/corporate users barely hate the 9X Windows versions because of their weak security features.

...and then came XP which came in Pro and Home editions.

Maybe after Gape releases 2.0 SP final for Win98se, he might try to create an unofficial WinME SP. I have requested a bunch of WinME hotfixes from MS for several weeks now and have installed them on my HP computer.

I have download almost every hot fix MS has ever resealed for ME. Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to make an sp myself...I use ME on my pc and I am not wiling to move to WinXP...I feel a little jealous see so many sp for win98SE... :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...
I have download almost every hot fix MS has ever resealed for ME. Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to make an sp myself...I use ME on my pc and I am not wiling to move to WinXP...I feel a little jealous see so many sp for win98SE... :blushing:

you said almost every hot fix for WinME, theuuknown. hah!

i have some WinME hotfixes (such as Q296883, Q305826 & Q316795) that can only be obtained by contacting MS support. least you can do it by email. it'll be nice if there would be a WinME SP but don't expect one in the immediate future.

• 3 weeks later...