Application Install Menu?

X-Savior

Hi there,

I am about to make my MCE 2005 Version 2 DVD. On my Version 1 I used Batch file method and it worked great. But, I like the flexibility and looks of the Run Once Method. But my problem is...

I would like to create a Menu to select the Individual Software or have a couple of options (Basic, Lite, Full) Depending on what I desire on the machine.

Anyone have any experience with this matter??

Thank You! :)

Ok, I will look into them.

I started playing around with XPlode and WOW!!! :w00t:

It is exactly what I wanted. A Full GUI Interface to select the programs to install AND several Pre-Set Selections. After a few hours of studying the XML's I started to get the Knack of it. It is actually VERY easy to use and can be easily adapted to an exisitng install. :thumbup

Are any of the other programs good with a full GUI?

Ok, I will look into them.

I started playing around with XPlode and WOW!!!  :w00t:

It is exactly what I wanted. A Full GUI Interface to select the programs to install AND several Pre-Set Selections. After a few hours of studying the XML's I started to get the Knack of it. It is actually VERY easy to use and can be easily adapted to an exisitng install.  :thumbup

Are any of the other programs good with a full GUI?

Give this man a cookie and a pat on the back. Someone finally read the documentation which is actually a rare quality....Gratz!!

Give this man a cookie and a pat on the back. Someone finally read the documentation which is actually a rare quality....Gratz!!

Yea, The documentation took a little getting used to. The format was a little confusing but after studying the XML It all started to make sense. I think it SHOULD include a Basic Noobie Tutorial to get people started.

No Big Deal. I can't see what everyone is complaining about. If you can't figure it out, you shouldn't be using it. :)

I haven't worked with WPI yet, and I haven't used xplode in quite a while, but a BIG plus point for W.A.I.T is it's config-file-generator. A GUI program that generates the settings. No need for tutorials and no big learning curve.