office 2k3 all users

VSFreak

Quick question: are you using an SFX-archive? If not, try it, it copies the data to the hard disk first. Maybe that's why I'm not having problems. :/

edit= that tool DiGGiTY supplied looks interesting to mess around with... if only I had more time.

I tried with nanaki's method and exe, result: office installed at T-12...

admin/defaultuser starts word: short installer and bingo! it works, same with excel and powerpoint

problem: admin/def user starts access: windows installer error (free translation: 'the function you want to use is located on a networkshare which is currently not available' and a browse window to look for the PRO11.msi file), same error comes up when newly created user wants to start any office app (word, excel, pp, access, all give same error)

any advice?

Would it be possible 2 copy PRO11.msi file somewhere in your \system,so everytime if you delete C:\Install\Apps after unattended XP the PRO11.msi package still exists in your \system map,right. please can some1 try or isn't this logicaly to do?

Every time you can browse to the PRO11.msi package in your \system folder?

i dont think so... every first run of a component, sever things need to be installed per user... i think that it asks for the directory with the setup files and not only the pro11 file, probably if you only have the pro11 file, the setup will ask where the next file is located or something and so on...