office 2k3 all users

VSFreak

Hi,

I already browsed the fora and google looking for a solution to overcome following problem, but haven't been able to find one.

I use a custom answerfile for office 2003 installation durin unattended install, and all goes well, only problem is that when I create a new user in windows, office products ask to run setup again for that user ("office has not been installed for current user... blahblah").

Is it possible to install office in such a way that all users, including those created after install, are able to use the office components, without having to run setup again?

thx

Isn't this user-specific setup normal?

First idea would be to look for the registry-keys the setup creates or modifies and add these in the standard-profile for new users (should be the default-user profile)

I've already tried to copy the reg values from user 1 to user 2. User 1 starts word for firts time and it starts normally, copy reg values, user 2 starts word through shortcut: doesn't work; starts word through winword.exe: works. user 2 tries to start excel (which hasn't been started for a first time by user 1): doesn't work...

you mean using cmdlines.txt?

just tried that, can't find anything office-related anywhere...

edit: oops, just noticed that the command line I was using had a typo.. gonna try it again :blushing:

edit 2: just noticed the link in your sig, gonna give that one a go and hope everything just turns out ok ;)

problems such as... ?

anyway, I'm not doing this for an office environment, but just for some home users... the thing is they don't know anything about pcs, let alone installing office, that's why I need it to be fully automated and working for the mom, dad, sis and bro accounts ;)

Why? The way applications are installed during T12 are identical to the way they are installed during logged on. Only difference it's under Admin/Default User -> All personal config is used for every user.

The only error that Office (sometimes) gives, is a reg-write value related to Error Reporting. This value is restored every time you launch an Office-app.

But, hey, do whatever you want. I'm just defending my method. :)

I tried with nanaki's method and exe, result: office installed at T-12...

admin/defaultuser starts word: short installer and bingo! it works, same with excel and powerpoint

problem: admin/def user starts access: windows installer error (free translation: 'the function you want to use is located on a networkshare which is currently not available' and a browse window to look for the PRO11.msi file), same error comes up when newly created user wants to start any office app (word, excel, pp, access, all give same error)

any advice?

i noticed when i copy the office setup files to the hard drive (make a flat actually) and point to that directory when it asks me for the pro11 file, it runs just fine, so is there a way to make a flat for office, so that the system doesn't ask for the disk but in stead directly looks in that particular folder (kinda the same way you make a flat windows)?