MSN 7 and active X content

Thauzar

Hi,

I noticed since I installed MSN 7 that whenever I click on the email icon on top of the contact list, it opens a IE window to hotmail... nothing new here. The new thing is that it does it using some active X content or whatever that is blocked by IE "for my safety". I then have to tell IE it's ok to show active X content for this page. Then it's ok as long as I don't reboot. I don't want to deactivate this function cause it's really usefull on other sites, but make it stop reacting when MSN tries to open my hotmail mailbox?

BTW I have msn plus installed, with SPNG pluggin and patched for ad removed and file transfer enabled (in case this might change something)

If it was that simple I would have found it myself. The problem does not happens on a hotmail page, but on the page that is opened by msn prior to the connection to hotmail, C:\Documents and Settings\Thauzar\Local Settings\Temp\spng_redir.html which redirect to hotmail. The thing is that is uses some activeX content and it does not autoredirect to hotmail as it used to. But I don't want to activate activeX for all pages.

in security C:\Documents and Settings\Thauzar\Local Settings\Temp\spng_redir.html is not a valid adress for the trusted sites anyway

But I found out it has something to do with the SPNG pluggin so I'll write to the author instead