User Accounts

<><

Hi

I want to create a user account that is VERY limited, the user should not be able to install any programs, access the control panel, or access the files on the harddrive.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you

if its for a single account try out a program called Fresh UI. If i remember correctly you have to log onto the account you want restrictions (as an admin) make the changes then revert that account as a limited user (from your admin acc of course)

yes it is for a single account, its at one of my stores for an employee and i want the employee to have very limited access to the PC contents. I will look into Fresh UI, thank you.

You can use Local Policy to restrict access to the Control Panel, and to prevent the user from installing any applications.

To disable Control Panel by using Group Policy settings

In the Run dialog box, type gpedit.msc.

In the Group Policy console tree, under User Configuration, open the Administrative Templates folder.

Click the Control Panel folder.

In the details pane, double-click Disable Control Panel.

Click Enabled.

To lock down the installation of programs, use a Software Restriction policy set to dissallowed and open up what you need from there. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310791/ for details.

As far as the file system is concerned, you'll need to use NTFS to lock it down. If you're on FAT32 you need to convert to NTFS first using the convert <volume> /fs:NTFS command

Preventing the user from modifying any files on the system is a little trickier.