Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

Is there anywhere from which it is currently possible to download nusb36e.exe? I have been trying for days to track down a source for this file and without success. I have seen posts (none from this year) by people who have installed and used nusb36 and given it great raps so it was available at some period last year at least.

From this thread and other sources I have found 3 links to supposed download pages and tried them on 2 different computers (one with Win 98SE and the other with XP) but all return a 'Page not found' or similar error. These links are -

https://rapidshare.com/files/99235514/nusb36e.exe

http://rs130p2.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/rsapi.cgi?sub=download&fileid

I am very keen to find a download link for this file that works. I have also tried searching on mgdx.com in the hope that it may be there but had no luck.

TIA.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had seen this page and thought it is a hoax or hijack or something! I have never heard of this site before. It looks like a commercial operation. If it is a genuine download page then it needs some explanation for those who are not familiar with it. "File Download" is the only reference to nusb. What do "Premium" and "Free" refer to? "When are your files deleted" - what files? "Never" and "60 day without download" - what download? A little clarification would be helpful, please.

There's nothing much to explain. Click on the "Free Download" button. It'll pop up an ad window (which you can simply close) and display a countdown... when the countdown ends a "Download" button gets activated: click on it and the download starts, after you select where to download to. You asked for nusb36e. There it is.

Re removing all USB devices etc, I have a lising in Device Manager for a USB Port Driver, shown as a Mass Storage Class Adapter, for which the driver is hpiosata.pdr. This driver is used by a Smartdisk enclosure I use for backups, and possibly by other devices. Should the port driver be removed before nusb installation?

TIA

Re removing all USB devices etc, I have a lising in Device Manager for a USB Port Driver, shown as a Mass Storage Class Adapter, for which the driver is hpiosata.pdr. This driver is used by a Smartdisk enclosure I use for backups, and possibly by other devices. Should the port driver be removed before nusb installation?

TIA

Yes, but be certain you have a backup of those drivers in case they are needed again. NUSB provides a generic driver that should work for all such devices, but keep a copy of the original in case your devices don't play well with NUSB.

• 4 weeks later...