Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

No problem. We're all on the same side here. :thumbup

We just all have different ways of tackling problems, and different lists of priorities about what issues should receive attention & time invested for experiments.

+1

I thought you guys was saying everything I have done was pointless.

Whatever I ever write, bear in mind that I respect deeply you yourself and all the hard work you've put into this project... you've breathed new life into the uSP, at the time it was most needed. And I do appreciate your effort to accommodate as many people as possible, too. So, of course, that could not possibly be what I meant, no matter how strange my post may have seemed...

I'm glad we're now everybody on the same page again. :thumbup

hmm, what exactly would happen with those usb mice/keyboards? do they stop responding?

what kind of usb keyboards/mice were you using?

Nothing! Thats why its weird because there was no error message, no BSOD. My USB mouse/KB wouldn't detect at all.

Logitech is the brand. Here's the other weird thing, all of my usb flash drives worked. :ph34r:

ah logitech brand. I mostly use those, especially wireless usb mice. were the logitech win98 use mouse drivers installed when you encountered the problem?

btw, you're doing great with the new uSPs for 98se :yes:

since NUSB v3.6 for 98se came out several weeks ago, MDGx still has NUSB 3.3 for 98se posted on his web site.

we'll wait for him to post up the new version on his site.

Edited by erpdude8

ah logitech brand. I mostly use those, especially wireless usb mice. were the logitech win98 use mouse drivers installed when you encountered the problem?

btw, you're doing great with the new uSPs for 98se :yes:

since NUSB v3.6 for 98se came out several weeks ago, MDGx still has NUSB 3.3 for 98se posted on his web site.

we'll wait for him to post up the new version on his site.

Yes I had the logitech drivers installed. Thanks for the acknowledgement :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda understand what you guys are saying now. The first 2 times I read you guys posts,

I thought you guys was saying everything I have done was pointless. You wasn't saying that, and now I understand.

At the risk of being misunderstood in saying this, you do have a tendency to interpret what people tell you in a negative light. We all hold you in high regard for your fantastic efforts here, and if you think people are being critical of you work, almost without exception, that is far from their intention. Read what they say from a positive perspective, you'll be closer to interpreting their actual meaning.

HTH

Joe.

At the risk of being misunderstood in saying this, you do have a tendency to interpret what people tell you in a negative light. We all hold you in high regard for your fantastic efforts here, and if you think people are being critical of you work, almost without exception, that is far from their intention. Read what they say from a positive perspective, you'll be closer to interpreting their actual meaning.

HTH

Joe.

It was very useless to point this out because I already have. I know I fly off the handle sometimes although I'm not the only one. I have admitted it already. So what was the purpose for your post? :realmad::realmad::realmad: Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

One thing I really like about NUSB36 is that it is superfast and I no longer have to click next next next next to get driver installed. Just plug in some USB thing and it installs in couple of seconds !

NUSB36 also fixed a system hang problem that sometimes happened when I unplugged any of my USB memory sticks. (and now the slow SP3.CAB scanning on my Pentium1 machine is limited to networking, USB stuff moves super fast now thanks to NUSB36 install :) )

One thing I really like about NUSB36 is that it is superfast and I no longer have to click next next next next to get driver installed. Just plug in some USB thing and it installs in couple of seconds !

NUSB36 also fixed a system hang problem that sometimes happened when I unplugged any of my USB memory sticks. (and now the slow SP3.CAB scanning on my Pentium1 machine is limited to networking, USB stuff moves super fast now thanks to NUSB36 install :) )

This tells me one or two things, you either have a hardware problem or you didn't follow instructions. You seem to be the only one with the SP3.CAB scanning issue. Since I can't reproduce the problem you are having and others are not witnessing, I can't help you.

The instructions were followed, and as far as functionality it appears the machine is working fine. The first thing I tested was the ability for the machine to recognize and then install the drivers for a number of USB memory sticks. Every one I tried worked, and all of them were correctly identified during the install process. I have USB drives from 128Mb to 16Gb in size. As I said before, all of them were recognized and installed to a drive letter just fine. Hooray!!!

When I put that same HDD into a more powerful machine there won't be any problem with the SP3.CAB scanning speed, it is purely stuck at the speed of the Pentium1 machine. Increasing RAM would not change anything (already got 256MB on it). The file is probably bigger than it was in previous iterations of the SP and I did follow instructions, spot on. No erros, no problems, things just work.

When I put that same HDD into a more powerful machine there won't be any problem with the SP3.CAB scanning speed, it is purely stuck at the speed of the Pentium1 machine. Increasing RAM would not change anything (already got 256MB on it). The file is probably bigger than it was in previous iterations of the SP and I did follow instructions, spot on. No erros, no problems, things just work.

Apparently it must be a hardware problem then since you follow instuctions. Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

• 1 month later...

The instrutions say:

Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.6

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Native (without installation of additional drivers for each type) support USB flash drives, digital photo

and videocameras and other similar devices.

*Universal Stack USB 2.0 (without installation of additional drivers for each chipsets) with uninstall.

1.Remove ALL drivers USB flash drives.

2.Remove ALL drivers USB 2.0 controllers.

3.Remove ALL USB 1.1 and 2.0 controllers and devices.

4.Remove ALL unknown devices.

Do these instructions mean that I only need go into device manager, locate these devices, and click the remove button to remove these devices,

or, if I have installed device specific drivers that came with flash drives and usb controller cards, I am supposed to track all of them down and figure out how to uninstall them?

The instrutions say:

Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.6

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Native (without installation of additional drivers for each type) support USB flash drives, digital photo

and videocameras and other similar devices.

*Universal Stack USB 2.0 (without installation of additional drivers for each chipsets) with uninstall.

1.Remove ALL drivers USB flash drives.

2.Remove ALL drivers USB 2.0 controllers.

3.Remove ALL USB 1.1 and 2.0 controllers and devices.

4.Remove ALL unknown devices.

Do these instructions mean that I only need go into device manager, locate these devices, and click the remove button to remove these devices,

or, if I have installed device specific drivers that came with flash drives and usb controller cards, I am supposed to track all of them down and figure out how to uninstall them?

All individual USB Mass Storage drivers have to be removed. This driver package installs a universal driver for that. Check Add/Remove Programs first for uninstalling any USB drivers. That will remove the inf and driver files for them, if the install package included a properly done uninstall routine. If you just yank them out through Device Manager those inf and driver files may not get deleted and Windows will happily reinstall them for you when the device is detected again.

After rebooting, cancel any requests by Windows to install drivers. Then go to Device Manager to remove what USB devices are left.

Reboot again, and now let Windows to install drivers for all USB devices.

• 1 month later...

After rebooting, cancel any requests by Windows to install drivers.

Then go to Device Manager to remove what USB devices are left.

1) Does that mean you are supposed to remove also drivers for *all* Usb devices, like Usb Scanner or Printer?? :unsure:

2) If so, what about driver for an USB 2.0 card (= PCI adapter)?

3) BTW, where should I d/l the last 3.6 English version?

The 2 links given in post #693 by maximus-decim are broken :( .

Edited by CharlesF

• 1 month later...