Maximus-Decim Native USB Drivers

Now I know that I was failed. I never knew why was an unknown PCI USB controller device in the Device Manager list, altough there were normally listed the Intel USB controllers and hubs.Because the hardware is USB2.0 capable, I thought that the driver is too. I installed the R.Low driver and I detected the slow speed with a pen drive. Then I realised that the driver is only for USB1.1. Today I began to search for a USB2.0 (orange) driver and then installed it. Then the USB2 controller device is uppaered in the Dev. Man. list and the unknonwn device is disappeared. But the transfer speed does not changed. I thought that the R. Low driver connected itself with the USB1.1 driver because when it was installed, there was not USB2.0 controller driver. I do not know how to uninsta it, so I decided to uninstall the Win98SE then install again with the hardware drivers first (with the orange driver) and then the R. Low driver. Now is everithing is ok. The pendrive is identified as USB2.0 Mas Storage Device and the trasfer speed is sinificantly improved.

Ps. Now I read the readme of Intel. So you are right. I should delete the Unknown PCI to USB Host Controller. I was missed because I run the setup. Maybe Intel has USB2.0 driver for Win98SE?

I'm glad to hear you're up and running at USB2.0 speeds. :thumbup

I'm not sure what you mean by this however :unsure:

Maybe Intel has USB2.0 driver for Win98SE?

Do you mean the drivers you just installed, or do you mean a Mass Storage Device driver?

Today I was learning some new things. Installing again the Win98SE. I tryed the method that Intell proposed, but only USB1.1 installed and there remained the Unknown PCI to USB Host Controller in the Dev. Man. list altough I tried to delete it and leaved the system to recognize it. When I installed the ECS Intel OrangeWare ICH5 USB 2.0 Driver (only this was good for USB2.0 speed), the USB2 Controller and Hub installed and everything was OK (there was no unknowed device). At last I installed the R.Loew's USB Mass Storage driver. It works at USB2.0 speed. So the aswer is: Intel has no Win98SE USB2.0 driver for his ICH5 chip (only for USB1.1).

Edited by sorbit4

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Maximus Decim Native USB ver.3.6

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Native (without installation of additional drivers for each type) support USB flash drives, digital photo

and videocameras and other similar devices.

*Universal Stack USB 2.0 (without installation of additional drivers for each chipsets) with uninstall.

1.Remove ALL drivers USB flash drives.

2.Remove ALL drivers USB 2.0 controllers.

3.Remove ALL USB 1.1 and 2.0 controllers and devices.

4.Remove ALL unknown devices.

5.Install NUSB 3.6 and reboot.

6.After detection new USB 1.1 and 2.0 controllers (if it will occur) too it is necessary to reboot.

Remember! You install it at own risk!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English: http://turbobit.net/tyu37wycpmde.html

https://rapidshare.com/files/99235514/nusb36e.exe

Russian: http://turbobit.net/dhgujel1bonm.html

https://rapidshare.com/files/4248520231/nusb36r.exe

What's new?

* SYSDM.CPL 4.90.3001 - for auto install driver at insertion of the new flash devices

*USB.INF 01.02 (MD, exclude "CopyFiles" sections )

*USB2.INF 01.02 (MD, add new devices (Intel, ATI), exclude "CopyFiles" sections)

*NTMAP.INF 01.01 (MD, exclude "CopyFiles" sections )

*USBNTMAP.SYS 01.03 (MD, exclude "CopyFiles" sections )

*USBSTOR.INF 01.11a (MD, Problemchyld, add new devices, exclude "CopyFiles" sections )

*QV2KUX.SYS - (Problemchyld, for Casio)

Edited by maximus-decim

Nice to see you back! :hello:

Got one small issue: some of us have a customized Device Manager applet (mine dates back 2006 when I installed the system). There's no warning and/or backup option in the package about its replacement, if I'm not mistaken. Those who get the package from third-party sources (copied from a friend, whatever) will definitely miss the tiny mention in the changelog posted here at MSFN.

Therefore, could you please add to the package (at install time) a visible warning that the Device Manager applet will be replaced, so anyone installing the package could get a chance to backup the old one?

Other than that, thank you for the update! :thumbup

There is a typo in USB2.INF.

[WMVARE]
%PCI\VEN_15AD&DEV_0770.DeviceDesc%=EHCI,PCI\VEN_15AD&DEV_0770

It should read

[VMWARE]
%PCI\VEN_15AD&DEV_0770.DeviceDesc%=EHCI,PCI\VEN_15AD&DEV_0770

I have already fixed the issuse for SP3. Thanks for the update :thumbup

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

@ maximus-decim

To get the Casio USB devices to work, you need these two files.

USBDSC1.SYS 4.10.0.1998

USBDSC2.VXD 4.0.0.950

You can find the two files in a package googling

casio usb_win.exe

All you have to do is add the code below to your USBSTOR.INF.

You can remove QV2KUX.SYS 1.0.0.2000. Thanks again for the update.

[Manufacturer]
%Casio.Mfg%=Casio

[Casio]
%USB\VID_07CF&PID_1001.DeviceDesc%=USBDSC1,USB\VID_07CF&PID_1001

[USBDSC1.AddReg]
HKR,,DevLoader,,*NTKERN
HKR,,NTMPDriver,,USBDSC1.SYS
HKLM,"System\Currentcontrolset\Services\usbdsc1\Parameters","Install",0x10001,77
HKLM,"System\Currentcontrolset\Services\usbdsc1\Parameters","DiskMakeFirstInstallDelay",0x10001,3000
HKLM,"System\Currentcontrolset\Services\usbdsc1\Parameters","DiskMakeOtherDelay",0x10001,300

[Strings]
Casio.Mfg="Casio"
USB\VID_07cf&PID_1001.DeviceDesc="USB-CASIO DIGITAL CAMERA"

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

• 1 month later...

After testing USBUHCI.SYS 5.1.2600.5512, all seems to work fine until I plug in a USB keyboard/mouse.

USB flash drives works ok. No corruption or any problems. It will not be added to the SP, until I test more.

hmm, what exactly would happen with those usb mice/keyboards? do they stop responding?

what kind of usb keyboards/mice were you using?

I remember a forum user named PassingBy who made an NUSB98FE pack for Win98fe, several years ago. he hasn't been heard for a long time since then.

I may consider updating his NUSB98FE package close to the level of the latest NUSB pack for 98se (which is currently v3.6).

BenoitRen

There are already generic drivers for Win 95 OSR2x

See this link http://toastytech.com/files/cruzerwin95.html

That's what I already use. Works great for flash sticks, but it doesn't seem to work for USB hard drives. Well, at least not correctly; it installs a USB Mass Storage Port, but the drive doesn't appear.

Thanks for the thought, though, and for the info on how to modify it for unrecognised flash sticks. Might come in handy in the future. :)

sorry man, but those usb flash drivers for Win95 osr2x don't work with other usb mass storage devices like usb card readers and usb hard drives.

and many USB HDDs require USB 2.0 support; both hardware [the usb2 ports] and software [the usb2 drivers for hi-speed 480mbps data transfers]. so far, there are no usb 2.0 drivers out there that will make your usb hard drive work under 95 [only w98 and above can try out usb 2.0]. and you only get USB 1.x support on Win95 sr2x with those usb flash drivers. tough luck, dude!

USB hard drives are usually at least USB 2.0 based devices and don't function well or not at all if connected to USB 1.x ports. take it from experience.

you're better off using usb flash drives instead.

Edited by erpdude8

I remember a forum user named PassingBy who made an NUSB98FE pack for Win98fe, several years ago. he hasn't been heard for a long time since then.

I may consider updating his NUSB98FE package close to the level of the latest NUSB pack for 98se (which is currently v3.6).

BenoitRen

There are already generic drivers for Win 95 OSR2x

See this link http://toastytech.com/files/cruzerwin95.html

That's what I already use. Works great for flash sticks, but it doesn't seem to work for USB hard drives. Well, at least not correctly; it installs a USB Mass Storage Port, but the drive doesn't appear.

Thanks for the thought, though, and for the info on how to modify it for unrecognised flash sticks. Might come in handy in the future. :)

sorry man, but those usb flash drivers for Win95 osr2x don't work with other usb mass storage devices like usb card readers and usb hard drives.

and many USB HDDs require USB 2.0 support; both hardware [the usb2 ports] and software [the usb2 drivers for hi-speed 480mbps data transfers]. so far, there are no usb 2.0 drivers out there that will make your usb hard drive work under 95 [only w98 and above can try out usb 2.0]. and you only get USB 1.x support on Win95 sr2x with those usb flash drivers. tough luck, dude!

USB hard drives are usually at least USB 2.0 based devices and don't function well or not at all if connected to USB 1.x ports. take it from experience.

you're better off using usb flash drives instead.

Wrong again. You mentioned PassingBy's NUSB for 98 FE, but you forgot that he also did a USB package for Windows 95, which you were also critical of at the time. :whistle:

I have used it with a variety of USB 2.0 Flash drives, and it has worked with every single drive I've thrown at it. It does have a bug, but this appears to be a failure in the driver files themselves, (which, for the record, are the SAME files as in the "cruzerwin95" package, just renamed internally and externally) not in PassingBy's work. The bug is this: only ONE USB device can be connected ONE time per Windows session. Reconnecting a device after it has been unplugged, or trying to plug in a second device after one has been used does not work.

Oh, and the drivers used by Nathan Lineback and by PassingBy originally come from a USB CompactFlash reader device. Doesn't work with card readers, eh? :whistle:

(I am currently trying to find a better solution for this. I have found another 95-compatible driver stack {also from a USB Card reader, imagine that? :angel } that works perfectly for some USB HDD's and Flash Drives, but behaves strangely with others for no apparent reason. Work continues.)

Edited by LoneCrusader

hmm, what exactly would happen with those usb mice/keyboards? do they stop responding?

what kind of usb keyboards/mice were you using?

Nothing! Thats why its weird because there was no error message, no BSOD. My USB mouse/KB wouldn't detect at all.

Logitech is the brand. Here's the other weird thing, all of my usb flash drives worked. :ph34r: